Growing for dummies: a simple, semi-comlete guide for growing your own cannabis

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chiefton8, May 12, 2009.

1. thanks dude, glad you liked it. :)

haha thanks token, that's a nice compliment. it's great to see that some people are getting some use out of it. makes the time it took to write it worth it. :smoking:

2. Heh I think I just might print it out for reference!

3. hi
    Just thought i would have a look at this guide as any knoledge is good. Only one problem. This is a guide i read months ago across the internet and it certainly was not made by you.

All you have done is copy and paste word for word and claim it as your own to gain +rep. Shamefull attempt and pure lazy to create your own guide

4. #44 chiefton8, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2009
    that is absolute horeshit dude. you found it somewhere else because someone saw it here and linked it. did that ever occur to you? i wrote that whole thing, word for word.

as proof, notice the pictures in the grow guide are EXACTLY the same ones that are in my grow journals linked in my sig. you'll notice the week by week set of pictures at the end of the grow guide are from my blueberry grow, which, as i said, is linked below in my sig. look for yourself. i mean shit, even look at the color of the carpeting and the size of the closet space in my grow journals and the grow guide...they're exactly the same. even the style of writing is the same. and lastly, look at the date of the link you found this guide from; i can 100% guarantee that date is after the date this thread started on GC. 100%.

i spent quite a bit of time writing that not to have someone insult me by calling it a shameful and lazy attempt at copying someone else's work. i have never claimed it to be a perfect piece of writing, in fact i'm happy to take input and update as necessary, but you need do a little research before you shoot out such strong accusations like that.

where did you even see it linked? i'd be annoyed if someone else was taking credit for this guide as their own...but then again it's the internet what else would you expect.

5. Looks like a good read. Downloaded it and I'll probably check it out tomorrow.

Even though I won't be able to grow for years, still interested and just bored, lol. :(

6. yeah man...the more knowledge you can gather the more successful your first grow will be. before my first grow i read two whole book cover to cover, which was the best thing i did. :smoke:

7. Thanks very much for this. Took me less than an hour, well worth it. There's lots of information in the sticky's and everything but everything seemed really compact in this and straight forward.

Towards the end, how much did you yield off that one plant dry?

Also I know you said you've never done hydroponics but what do you think of it? Will the quality be that much better and would you yield more or what? Hydroponics just seems like a hassle to setup though, lol.

And you never mentioned anything about cloning but what do you think about it? Wouldn't it make sense to just keep 1 mother plant in vegetation state forever (or as long as it lives. How long do they live actually?) and just trim off clones since it'll be a female every time?

8. that plant at the end yielded just under 3 ounces dry. not my best yield, but still very reasonable. :smoke:

to be honest, it would be difficult for me to comment on hydro because i have never done it, and only know as much as what anyone can learn simply from reading books and this site. as i understand it, yes it's a bit more of a hassell to get setup initially, but once you've got a working, trustworthy system with all the kinks worked out, it's a more convenient way to grow. you should go to the advanced growing techniques forum and ask them what they think of hydro vs soil. :cool:

sure, cloning is definitely they way to go, and is way more convenient than starting from seed every time, especially since you can keep mother plants for years as long as they are healthy. but like many people, i don't have the space to run both a veg and flowering room at the same time, nor do i have the need to continually produce that much bud because my wife and i don't smoke that much. so while you're right about the cloning, it just isn't practical for me and many other growers who grow for the same reasons I do.

hope that helps. :smoke:

9. Alright, sweet.

True that about the cloning though.

Thanks again.

10. i uploaded a slightly improved version (v3) of the guide that fixes a few typos and couple of language things that were bothering me. nothing critical, but just thought i'd give the heads up. you can now download both this newer version (v3) and the older one (v2) from the same link in the original post on page 1. :)

11. thanks man you provided me with great info. i will be starting my grow soon.

12. Good read. Lots of good infos in there.

13. This thread deserves a bump.

Easy to understand. Recommend any beginner to take some time and read this.

14. #54 dacancer52, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010

congratz you look like a jackass

if you don't like the thread then u should of never clicked it

and chiefton thanks man this is problably the best guide ive read to date and i really like it

15. I am printing this out and will be reading through it!
    I plan on starting my own grow as soon as I move to my new place...so this is great!

I can't justify spending $250 + for an ounce of weed when you can just grow your own--it is a damn plant. haha

16. Very excellent guide sir. I have yet to attempt my first grow, but this will be a cornerstone. It answered some very basic questions I had about watering and nutrients that other guides assume you already know. If you're still willing to edit it, I have a few suggestions for things you could add:

Suggest reading about SCROG and FIM
    How to harvest
    How to make your own carbon scrubber (there's a few in the DIY forums)

Overall a great guide man. + rep

17. Glad to see some more people finding this guide useful. :D I updated a few things on the guide and re-posted it (v4), hopefully it adds a few more useful things. :cool:

Thanks for the kind words dude. I'm really happy you were able to find answers to your questions. I tried to make sure to cover all of those details that confused me so much when I was first learning to grow. It can really be confusing and overwhelming trying to learn all this stuff your first time, especially with all the lingo and acronyms. And thanks for suggestions. I'll add some suggestions about reading up on SCROG and FIMing, as well as elaborate a little more on harvesting. Unfortunately, I've never done a DIY scrubber, so it would be hard for me to write about it confidently in the guide if you know what I mean...anyways, glad it was useful. take it easy. :cool:

18. Great guide man, ive looked over it afew times and its really useful. I have never attempted to grow my own stuff before. But as fate would have it, were kicking my sis inlaw out of our place in acouple of weeks. So ill be able to use the closet in her old room. Its 5.5 ft x 3 ft, with that much space would i be able to grow 3 plants comfortably or should i keep it at 2, what do you suggest? My friend is a dealer and will provide me with some "bag seeds" if he finds some in the batches he gets in. So that will be cool to start off with.
    I had acouple of questions, If i go the CFL route lighting wise, does brand of the bulb matter. Say GE compared to a walmart brand? Will the brand name produce less heat or will they be the same? Also, when using this method of growing, once you harvest your done with the plant or can you reuse it? Sorry for the noob questions.
    Before i start this project i plan to read acouple of grow books my friends has. Should help me out some more.
    thanks

19. Havnt read it yet but i will download it for later, looks good though.
    +rep.

20. A simple and concise explanation from beginning to end. Nice work. :cool: