Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Penny in a Grinder.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dox, May 7, 2009.

1. ya cheap grinders are like that, just has the teeth and 1 chamber under it for keif, i had a grenade grinder like that for $10 as my first buster, its worth it to spend $30-$40 to get a nice sharpstone or space case grinder that has a chamber for your weed to fall and the screen and keif chamber is under that

2. YES it does. Some dealers put the weed and a penny together, they collect a bunch of kief and then they sell the weed to their victims :p

3. I agree, clipper brushes are where it's at.

[​IMG]

4. Yes it works, I use a dime sometimes

5. I use both the coin and freezer method religiously when I'm trying to get a lot of kief!

6. you can also use a guitar pick...alot of different varieties and stuff its quite nice .. :D

7. after i grind my buds i usually tap down my grinder quite roughly on a flat surface and shake it a bit. I tried the coin didnt really make a spectacular difference. Shaking/banging it works the best. Also if you put it in the freezer for 5-20 minutes then bang it, it also knocks a lot of trichomes down

8. Not to sound like a little asshole
    but, a penny can carry more contaminants than you'd think. I'm a tig welder and I work with copper from time to time, it can get extremely contaminated VERY easily. Mind you, the contaminants that'll mess up a weld and the contaminants that will hurt you are different, it would still be incredibly wise to clean the penny with a mild acid and salt to avoid contaminants from the penny mixing in with your keif

9. I use a nickel ...flat edges....
    Copper is way to soft I'd be afraid of shit flaking off it....

I always soak my nickel or quarter in alcohol just for good measure..

10. New penny's are magnetic, use an old one around 1989 but clean REAL good even burn if u have to to sterilise, could somebody tell me if it actually results in loss of keif on the final product or not? (once ground and ready to smoke) because theoretically it should knock as much keif off as possible yet that would result is lost trichomes from the actual ground bud you smoke? Please correct me if I'm wrong!...

Keep tokin one way or another!