Low Budget, RUBBERMAID Grow Box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SimplySmaLLs, May 4, 2009.

1. Can anyone tell me if its ok that my first set of leaves is yellowing, curling, and pretty much dying off slowly? An old head i know said that those too will also fall off sometimes but its ok.:confused: Can anyone else confirm this?

And also can anyone advise any nutes i could get from Home Depot, I specifically would prefer home depot cause i work there. Thanks for all the advise guys.

And also im gonna throw up some new pics of her sexy new 5 set leavage :wave::smoking:

2. Lookin' aight man, just let 'em fall off and watch for any new ones to yellow up, sometimes the bottom ones do die.

3. Ok so i went to Home Depot today and grabbed 2 more Y sockets, and then went to Target and got 2 more of those 26w Daylight (6500k) so ill have a total of 4 of those hanging over my baby.

Im gonna set the rubbermaid up a little bit different so gimmi a few hours, and well get some nice new pics up

4. My bottom leaves are dying on one of my plants in my rubbermaid box as well. It started yellowing and now it's sort of white'ish. I just added some fox farm to the mix and they seem to be coming back.

5. #45 JesteR14, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
    i think you need to put fans inside the box with the increased lighting, you can buy a electronic thermometer at wal mart for around 6 bucks, this way you can aim for the tempreture that your plant will do best in on a handy digital display

nice grow tho, i will be following this :)

6. They are not very green overall, maybe a Nitrogen deficiency. Are you feeding them?

In another picture it looks like there are little spots on the leaves. Are there "rust" colored spots on the leafs?

7. where can i get some fox farm

8. #48 SimplySmaLLs, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
    Where did you get Fox Farm at I cant find that shit anywhere around my place?

Ill check it out, i spent my quota for the week haha, but it was well worth it, you should def. keep peepin this i update every 3 to 4 days;)

Im not really feeding them anything. just water from the drain, and ill put coffee grinds down and water over that, but thats about it. And as for the spots i think it was like dirt or something that i blow up cause i was smoking then i took the pics cause theres no spots on the leaves or anything.

AND NOW MORE UPDATES!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these are the only issues really:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Local hydroponics store. I wasn't expecting much in the store, but they have everything.

10. #50 achillesstand, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
    hey whats up, I definatly wouldn't use straight tap water for your plant. That is, unless you let it sit in an open container for at least 24 hours room temperature. That gives some time for the chlorine to evaporate, and anything else that they add to kill bacteria in your water. Humans don't notice the slight amounts but cannabis LOOOVES clean fresh water. Ive been using a brita water pitcher for my grows. It does drop your ph down about a point an a half after the filter (my tap is 7.2 comes out to 5.6!!!) so of course a ph adjustment is necessary. Does your tap measure 6.5ish? If so, thats damn lucky, but sooner or later if you give it water or fertilizer that isn't ph adjusted, youll have a nutrient lockout eventually and have to flush. No fun.

Look to ebay for your FOX FARMS, but if not the "depot" should have a basic fert you could use. Something with NPK like 10-10-10 will do. Just give it 1/4 at first of what the bottle says to use, then 1/2. Ease into it for sure, you dont wanna go from being hungry to burnin!

Glad to see you got her surrounded with those lights!:)

11. So i should invest in a water filter, i think i can manage to afford that.

and as for nutes i found a few decent things at the depot, reading 16-12-12, or 8-4-4, and theres also one thats 24-18-18. im not sure which ones is better anyone have an idea?

should i aim for the higher numbers or the ones with all the numbers around the same amount, like the 10-10-10 you suggested.

I found some legit stuff on ebay for fox Farm but most of it was either hydroponics or like $150 bucks for a decent size container of Fox farm Nutes

12. #52 achillesstand, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
    You'd want more of the Nitrogen (N) for vegging. More Phosphate (P) for flower. And the Potassium (K) can be somewhere in between for both veg and flower.

that 8-4-4 should work great for vegg. Id find another with 8 to 20 (P) for when you flower.

There was somebody on ebay once that was selling the trio FF pack (GB, BB, TB) in 32oz bottles.

13. this thread has inspired me big time
    you should put up some new pictures on your new setup if you can
    congrats dude
    she looks beautiful

14. thanks ill see if i can get some more pics of the new set up on here soon

15. NEW UPDATES!!

Before the 3rd LST

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Do you see the curling type deal with these? whats up with that? is that just the new growth coming in?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AFTER 3rd LST

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Just a Few Questions:

My P.H is up to about 6.8 -7 so its runnin a little high, but i still think shes doing ok

-Theres a bit of yellowing on the tips of the leavage, is that just nute burn cause i havent gotten her any yet? or is it more?

-Also all the new leavage is kinda of coming in curling upward... is this a sign of anything? or is this just how new growth grows?

Thanks for all the help, and... All in All how do you think im doing?

16. No ones got any advise or words or wisedom?

I usually go by what you guys say, so with no responses, I dont know what to do

sorry for like.... the Triple Post

17. it could be a variety of things... overwatering? over fert'ing? heat stress? ph fluctuations?

don't really know... just went through that myself and it ended up being salt-build-up

18. NEW UPDATES & A FEW QUESTIONS!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also went to The Depot and Picked up some Miracle Grow "liquid Houseplant Food"
    with an NPK of 8-7-6, i think itll work good. Just added her first dose last night

Just a Few Questions now:

1. Can i start to flower on 12/12 before my first official set of 7 leaves is showing?

2. Does it look like i have some female preflowers showing here
    [​IMG]

3. Is this where my Colas are gonna start to come from, cause im LST'ing, and i can see little leaf sets starting to pop out
    [​IMG]

All in all i think shes doing pretty good, shes definitly loving the 4 lights over the 2-3 lights i had early

Thanks for all the help and advise guys:wave:

19. So i started her on her 12/12 scheduale today, and tomorro im going to invest in a small 4'' desk fan from target to put in the box with her.

Do you think someone could help answer my previous questions?

20. alrighty,

1. Yes you could start flowering. Some go 12/12 straight from seed.

2. Its hard to tell from the pic if its a female preflower. By that I mean judging straight from the pics (and without a zoomed up shot) that little white lookin thing jutting to the upper left COULD be a preflower. Watch it and see if two small thin hairs emerge from the exact same spot. Then it would be a girl.

HOWEVER, if you see two green looking "spikes" on opposite sides of the branch, thats part of both male and female anatomy, so it wouldnt be anything to get excited about.

and....

3. Yes, thats where new upward branch growth will occurr. Although, since you have put her on 12/12, you probably wont see the branches get very big before she (hopefully) starts focusing on bud growth. They like to strech out for 2 to 3 weeks then start the bud train. LST is best when you vegg long enough to have your cola's partially formed before hitting flower (I go about 6 to 7 inches then flower). ITS all personal though. Do what YOU want.

-achill