Low Budget, RUBBERMAID Grow Box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SimplySmaLLs, May 4, 2009.

1. I think shes doing pretty good, like i said i scooped two more lights, so ive got 3 total, 2 26w Daylight (6500k's) and one 26 w Cool white.

This is my attempt at LST, did i do it right haha?:smoking:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The only thing thats different is the plants turned so its under the light, not facing the right like it is in the picture, so how did i do guy?

2. So how do you guys think i did for my first attempt at LSTing

3. looks fine and well! Since you've only got three lights workin it, you should really try to get them within 2 inches. After three inches out or so, CFL's will really start to lose their penetration to your plant. You'll see faster growth for sure with those lights right on top of it. If they touch the bulb, they'll get burned, but no heat stress from being that close.

-achill

4. Ok so i had a few quick questions after lookin at my lady today

- If you look at my last post theres pics so you'll be able to follow the questions

1. In the third pic, you can hardly see it, but here at the house. Her First set of leaves, NOT THE ONES THAT FALL OFF(those are already off), are turning awfully yellow.

2. In the 4th pic you can kind of see it, but my biggest set of leaves, is curling in a good amount, nothing super huge but its obvious by looking at the plant.

3.Is this some sort of difficiency?(sp) ( a lack of some nutriet maybe?

Currently im not using any nutes just regular water, and some good ol' LST.

Any ideas or suggestions? And if i need nutes where can i get those, I work at my local Home Depot, but most of our nutes is Miracle Grow stuff, and Miracle Bloom

5. 1) What soil did you use. What is the temperature inside the box. How often are you watering.

2) Again, clawing is often a sign of temperature problems IME. What are you sitting at?

Also, how old is she now? I'm sure you mentioned it - but... I can't seem to find it.

And no, "those" aren't what you think they are. She hasn't started flowering yet - I can promise that. Marijuana gets tiny spikes at each of it's nodes.

6. #26 SimplySmaLLs, May 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009

Black Magic Professional Potting soil? ( I dont know i got it for free from Big Lots lol)

Im not sure the temp inside the box, but i found out someone had turned the fan i had on high instead of low so i think that might be partly why.

Im gonna go out and get a p.h Meter, and a thermometer tonight. And she did get some water today, maybe it was to soon?

Shes about.... i wanna say shes between 28 - and 32 days old, but she went thru alot of stress in the beginning.

Also is it wierd that the mutant leaf is the one curling? what i mean by mutant leaf is that it only has 2 leaves, and it should have 3

7. ok so all the new growth coming out of the middle has a really light green tint as opposed to the rest of the leaves, since i moved it closed to the light and tied it down for lst is this bad? and since then the leaves started to curl and fade. is this bad, is this a nut def. or is she just shocked from all the new changes?

8. First of all i wanna apologize for the shitty pictures i got one good shot with my good camera and it died, so these will have to do

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see the bottom set of leaves is really a light yellow color

and also the last shot is of my second set of leaves either wilting, or curling it. But its been like that for a few days now

What ive done so far is

I added some coffee grounds to the soil, then watered a tad, just enough to get the coffee grounds wet.

And i also broke a c.d in half and stuck it under the plant, for more reflections.

You guys will get good pics tomorrow until then im sorry :(

9. you should put that lady RIGHT UNDER those Cfl's looks like its strecthing more then it needs to, but good thinking with the LST. I'm doing the same in my 3rd grow, in my Sig.

10. everyones tellin me to stick her right under the CFLs

but

IMO thats whats making her turn that faded green color, shes sittin about a finger length away from the light right now, and is doin good.

do more people think she should be closer to the light?

11. #31 TokenNchoken, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
    finger length is good. What type of CFL's are those then? lol
    anyway you can get your fan directly in there? she needs to build a stronger stem.

12. #32 SimplySmaLLs, May 15, 2009

I got 2 26w Daylight (6500k) and 1 26w cool white (not sure the amount of light, i would assume 2200k)

all the bulbs i got were 100w equivalents or w/e

Unfortunitly not unless i bought a smaller fan, then fan i have now is like a floor fan about 3 ft wide, i think u can see it in one of the pictures.

I know for a fact shes not the right size for almost a month old, but shes been thru alot of stress and stuff, and apparently my room mate turned up my fan to the max settin instead of the lowest while i was gone for 3 days. so i think she got a lil bit cold while i was away

13. #33 TokenNchoken, May 15, 2009
    ah alright, might think about adding 1 or two more bulbs if you can find a place for them, or buy more Y splits. bout 100w is good for one plant, (that doesnt mean 100w equivalent, but the 26w+26w+26w=78w) if that makes any sense. lol :smoking:

Oh and i fuckin love P.U.T.S! Acid raindrops is one of my myspace songs as well! lol

14. Makes total sense, i gotcha, ill see if i can rig something else up for her, maybe another power strip on the other side, with 2 more bulbs?

I think that would work out pretty nicely

and yeah i get what your saying about the bulbs, so 4 26w bulbs would be.... 104w total right?

15. AH YOUNG PADDOWAN GOT IT! not sure if anyone would! lol and with 2 more bulbs in their i think this skinny lil girl will grow to be one big bitch! hahahaha:D

16. Much appreciated bro:D, ill update as soon as i get the new bulbs, and the new set up going, i wanna say, saturday night or sunday morning

17. Can't wait to see the new set up! I love changing my grow boxes up, adding light, adding reflection, re-organizing 'em. I sometimes wish i didn't have any going right now just so i can take it down and make it 100% efficient, i want to fulfill my full potential as a Grower for max yields for myself and sister(well best friend i live with) with Chrons. She is eligible for her card but being 17, i would become her caregiver and do everything for her, her mom just procrastinates when we bring it up! lol

18. Is the yellowing getting worse/spreading? I tried to find if your soil has any nutes in it, and it didnt really seem like it had anything in there that would burn the leaves. Those CFL's definately arent causing the yellowing. Thats something to worry about with HID lighting. If your Ph is good and around 6.5, you may need to add some nutes soon. Also, how are you preparing the water you're giving it?

19. How are you keeping your temps down? im running a similar setup. i have 2 23w (100w) CFL Daylight bulbs and my tems are getting around 95 degrees. I also have 2 computer fans blowing cool air in. with 4 exaust holes above the lights.

20. #40 SimplySmaLLs, May 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
    The Yellowing isnt spreading to the upper leaves, but on the bottom leaves there definatly turning really whitish yellow, and light brown tints on the end. sorta like so

[​IMG]

And also i got a ph meter from work today haha, its made by "Ferry Morse" and is an electronic Soil Tester. i Tested it, and for P.H Analysis it read between 6.2 - 6.4

And as for preparing the water? i mean honestly i just fill a glass from the sink and water it every 3-4 days, should i be doing something else?

Im not really focusing on the temps and shit honestly, i just know i have a big ass fan sitting outside of the box blowing down into the two holes i cut in the bottom on the rubbermaid.

AND NOW FOR SOME UPDATES!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunitly these are still wilting(ish)
    [​IMG]

And the bottom leaves are the worst looking
    [​IMG]

It really doesnt make any sense because to top is all new growth and looks fantastic, like i can officially see the first 5 set of leaves.

Questions? Comments?