How many lumens are required for seedling stage?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mattmann, May 4, 2009.

1. I was just wondering how many lumens I would need from a fluorescent bulb to be enough during the seeding stage?

As well, how many would I need for vegetation/flowering.

my grow space is relatively small but decently ventilated. about 3 ft in height and 2 ft across and 2ft depth.

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. seedlings need so little I really don't think anyone has figured out what the minimum requirements in lumen it would take, long as the spectrum is correct for the stage of growth and the light is not heating the shit outta the seedlings, they require so little in the first 2-3 weeks of life, but allot seem to overdo it and kill the poor bastard.

3. thanks a lot. i had assumed minimal light but just wanted to make sure.

and so the growing begins ! :)

4. Yeah man a shop florescent would do the trick while at the same time not overheating or having heat issues period.. No one cares about lumens at this stage of the plants life.. Now after they get a decent root system going oh hell yeah lumens mean a shitload in the size of the indoor grow.. Simply cause your trying to mimic a suns lumen output a "SUN" something we can't even look at for very long or our eyes will go blind.. A "Sun" that even from so far away can give people 3rd degree burns all over their body from just being under it for a hour or so with no sunblock on.