wil a 200 watt heat lamp grow marijuana

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by haloman813420, Apr 30, 2009.

1. I want to make it grow bushier rather than vertically for now also was thinking about a hydropronic grow . Opinions?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

2. Imo no hydro
    Hit the begginers section

3. [​IMG]

Went and got 4 100w 5000k bulbs thats the highest hd had.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

4. I was given a plant girlscout cookie and Deadwood cross and I had nothing not even a pot to put it in I went to Walmart and picked up a 5 dollar 250 heat lamp bulb not the red ones and I think for having no experience and first time grower Im not doing bad. No burning but I do make sure it's high enough that she won't burn 20161211_133413.jpg 20161211_133403.jpg 20161211_133324.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. I dunno if you finished this cycle yet but I'd try CFL lighting for veg for a beginner but you should really look into a led panel from amazon they're not very expensive and make a huge difference in yield a trichrome production. The heat lamp thing isn't gonna get you every far the heat the light emits makes you have to put the light very far away which in turn makes your plant stretch to get to the light. You want something that emits the lowest heat possible so you can keep the light close to her. Hope all went well keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I hope this is still an open thread.. How long has it being going? Sorry new at this.

7. Come join us in 2017 in the qb120 thread. Put those CFL's to bed and get a real grow light. They will never satisfy you.

Cutting corners is no longer worth it. There's an led board available for $29 that can replace 200 watts of CFL's. Drivers are $12.80 for top end 90% efficient.
    [​IMG]

8. Why are those qbs so hard to get ahold of ? Hlg been out of stock for weeks now since I’ve first seen you advertising them .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. They grow so well and are so reasonably priced compared to other leds in the performance category they are selling as fast as they can make them.

10. It is just the boards. There's many ways to put a fixture together. You can make them all individual boards or you can run all 4 boards in series and make a frame out of angle aluminum to attach them to. The meanwell hlg240h-c2100a is the driver you want for 4 boards in series. They're $57 at arrow.com. I like the meanwell MDR-60-24 or the LRS-75-24 for a single board driver.

You don't need a heatsink or anything else. Just supply each board with around 60 watts at 24 volts and you're good.

11. Thanks t

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1