How long can seeds keep?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by crazyclimber43, Apr 30, 2009.

1. I am moving in about 2 months and am wondering if I could order seeds to this address and set up my grow at the next place. The problem is that there will be about 3 months that I am not going to be living anywhere and I wont be able to grow anything. I am able to set a box up at the place I am moving to but I wont be there for a couple of months. I am mostly just wondering as I would rather not order seeds to the place where I will be growing.

2. I wanted to know the same thing. Since i am holding a few seeds for guaranteed indoor.

3. Stored in a dry, cool and dark place they can last up to 5 years. I keep mine in my shop fridge in the freezer. If you keep them in your fridge use a box of arm & hammer baking soda to control moisture. Since your talking about only 5 months, you should be just fine.

Peace,
    FG

4. i dunno man ive heard after 6months your germ rates will drop by about half

5. Germ rates do decline over time however the key to maintaining growth viability is to store seeds in optimum conditions. In my 18 years of growing I seldom have kept or stored seeds over 2 years for any reason, and still have germed them. its all about the conditions of storage brother. Since he was going to germ them then plant them in 5 months, there should not be any issues.

Peace,
    FG

6. allowing seeds from the fridge 24-48 hours at room temperature seems to help the process. also, soaking before planting may help (no longer than 24-36 hrs)

but they will definately keep for a year or two, as mentioned by fungardner, but only if properly stored.

if you can keep pollen, you can definately keep seeds ;)