How to judge when to switch to 12/12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cyunit, Apr 22, 2009.

1. My plants have been on 24 hr lights on schedule for 1 month tomorrow. They are about 3-4 inches tall and have just been moved to bigger homes. should i changed to 12/12 by the number of days or by the size of the plants or what?

2. size of the plants. Grow them to 1/3 the size you want them to end up at.(depending on height issues etc.)
    Then switch and they will triple in size.
    Last grow I vegged for 30 days this time Im doing 60

3. 3 inches tall after a month of vegging? How many nodes? Have you done any snipping or training?

4. Some people do 12/12 from seed. Keeps the plants relatively small, but yields can still be quite good. So basically, you can veg however long you want. Just make sure you have enough room to grow them in, and transplant them when they outgrow their pots so you don't hamstring their potential. Roots grow fast. I've heard that 1 gallon per foot of plant height is a good rule of thumb.

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

5. you can get a 2' high plant out of a 1 gallon pot, however you will need to adequately regulate nutrient feeding to supplement all the roots with food and water. Its hard but you can do it.

6. I was thinking that too.....3 inches tall after a month is kinda small. I have some two weekers that are between 2 and 4 inches. Let them veg an extra couple of weeks before switching to 12/12 to let them catch up to where they should be.