Bee Line Hemp Wick

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by drewzilla, Apr 20, 2009.

1. can you buy beeline at smokeshops? (posted on other forum also) I just don't like ordering things online.

2. yea you just have to find one that carries it. it;s always sold out by me so i can't ever find it. online is probably your best bet, but just call around and see who has it in.

3. oh alright, thanks for the tip :)

4. if not, try making it? you can get hemp at the kraft store, and bees wax at a farmer mart

5. yea, when i asked the guy at the smokeshop if he had any he told me that i should just make some. I orderd a spool from online and am going to make my own and see how close i can make it to the original..if that makes sense lol

6. I just got my beeline!! but where does the beggining of the spool start? lol i cant find it, do i just cut a spot and start from there or what lol, thanks in advance for the help

7. Lighter might last longer... but mine grow feet and walk away.

8. Great stuff, I buy it in big balls and use the books if i'm out

9. Wasn't too hot for the Bee Line wicks... (my couches were made in the 70's [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em_SqF5GQbc]YouTube - Couch Fire Test[/ame] and probably far more flammable than this!) Dripped wax on my leg, dropped wick... buzzkill.

10. Bee Line doesn't drip

and that couch took quite a bit of direct flame before it went up.. even then it took over a minute before it was really at the point of no return. i'd hope that any stoner dumb enough to catch a portion of the couch on fire would notice before they died

i've dropped my bee line a couple times, every time the flame extinguished before it even hit the floor

11. I just got my 3 pack in the mail today, and its the shit.. a big juicy bong rip just tastes and feels so much better. I love it, 5 stars for the bee line, and i think my bic just got replaced
    peace n pot :smoking:

12. Bee line is fantastic and having no butane is a nice change.

13. Beeline is aamzing, and even cheaper to make yourselF!!!!
    just did it today, and now im in love with it.

1) go to your local craft store, go to the candle making section and pick up a nice 1lb block of natural beeswax for about 15 bucks. grab some 100% hemp twine or string as well, this can also be found in the craft store.

2) grab a lighter or torch, a small knife, and a small dish (that you dont plan on using for anything else, there will be beeswax stuck to it thats a pain to clean out!) Heat up your knife till its nice and toasty, run it through the beeswax block and take a nice little chunk out. You then want to melt this chunk into the small dish, grab a nice long peice of hemp line, bundle it together nicely, and stick it in the little dish, coating everything with a nice thick layer of beeswax. take it out, wait about 30 seconds for it to cool

3) while pinching the line, pull it through your fingers, getting the excess beeswax off, leaving the perfect amount for smoking. recycle the shavings so you dont waste anything.

14. Out of curiousity what does the beeswax do that makes it better than just using a spool of hemp twine?

15. i just used it for the first time the other day it work great i dont know what the bees wax does maybe make it burn slower not positive thou

16. #36 mrindica, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
  17. Tried to find the official thread, couldn't...

I bought a case of this on all of the good reviews and was totally stoked. I got the case from maui things, (totally awesome transaction) even a personal note on the invoice.

I tried it and didn't notice much of a difference from the bic. I decided I would just soley use that for a while and switch back to the bic and realize how nasty the bic is.

I used the bee-line for about 50 uses. I went back to the bic and didn't notice a difference.

I say the bee-line is neat, and probably is better, but for me (taste wise), I can't taste the difference unless it was pointed out.

Still a very nice product, I just wanted to put my neutral and non biased review in there. I will continue to use it.

18. Or go on ebay and spend $20 for a 200 foot roll taht will last years...lol

19. did they throw in any free swag ?