OSG's 'Golden Goodness' - Isomerized Frozen Hash Oil Crystals

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by oldskoolgrower, Apr 17, 2009.

1. you cant see it but im bowing down to you......... weed god!

2. Thank you.

My user title Tammuz tells a tale ;) I'm all about food and growing plants.

3. great thread! I am open to the idea of a quick heat to activate the qwiso, but am wondering what your thoughts are on the duration vaped weed qwiso should stay in the oven. Less than 15-20 min, or the same amount of time? Just wondering if Im 'overdoing' it by putting vaped weed qwiso in the oven.

vaped qwiso is bomb, btw. I do a couple washes and separate them, 1st wash quality(golden brown), 2nd wash is tar brown goo. Both are awesome tho.

4. #24 oldskoolgrower, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    Good question. I've never tried it with vaped stuff. I'd say the same duration.

EDIT: On second thought less might be better. Maybe 5-10 minutes to finish up decarboxylation.

5. I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the quick response!

6. When you are letting the iso evaporate you said you place it on gentle heat.... what do you use as a heat source?

7. The oven under it set at the lowest setting. Very gentle heat.

8. Sadly, I'm sure as you know, the DEA prevents GC/MS testing labs to provide accurate percentages or quantified weights.

Mailing that internationally to a lab that could prove to be a nightmare.

9. Oh I know. It is just wishful thinking.

10. #30 oldskoolgrower, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    I should add that none of this is my original idea. 'BudderKing' was the first I know of to isomerize and freeze hash oil during processing. I just took it in my own direction and thought I'd share with the rest of you my results :)

11. Bookmarked for when it comes harvest time :D Great guide man!

12. Thanks, glad you enjoyed it and hopefully it will be helpful.

Next harvest is going to be quite large so I'm making a huge batch of the stuff, or more likely several small batches. I find quality control is easier working with smaller amounts at a time.

13. Destined for an OldSkool technique soon.... putting in the freezer

Bunch of sugar leaves and small immature buds

[​IMG]

14. Just tried your method and it's the bomb. Thanks for posting this + rep

15. Looks like nice QWISO...what exacty is 'isomerization'?

16. Decarboxylation is another term specifically applying to this process. THC-A is not very psychoactive. When it loses a carboxyl group it becomes a different isomer of THC, in this case the kind that is strongly psychoactive. Hence the term 'isomerization'.

17. #38 mattc707, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
    So in this case the Iso is doing the isomerization? If that is the case, all bubblehash is less potent because it hasn't be isomerized?

18. Hey OldSkool.... can I use the finishing steps with coldwater hash? That bag I have is 140g so I was thinking of trying that out also... what do you think?

19. huh, interesting.

good job man