Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Properties of Cannabinoids [PIC]

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Synned, Apr 13, 2009.

1. I like the sound of that title; Greater Than the Sum of Their Parts. When all these cannabinoids work together, amazing things happen. Hemp oil developed by Rick Simpson is ALL of these things in concentrated form, not just THC. This chart lists all the wonderful things these cannabinoids do, so it's no surprise that together they can cure basically anything. Truly amazing!

2. i'm not condoning the defacing of property but....
    rofl
    i like writing delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on my desk in chemistry class
    now i can draw the actual structure with it

3. #23 jeffsyrov, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
    Superb Diagram. Keep it up!

4. I was having this same problem until today. I thought that was the issue, then I found this post - sure enough it works now.
    simulationcredit
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

5. Oh man, this thread is SO SEXCELLENT. Plus, education.

Nothin' like structures & temps to impress this girl! Chemistry FTW.

6. Really great stuff !

7. Should rename this thread, "Potential of Cannabinoids."

8. Very useful, thank you. I've been running around trying to find specific charts, I just got a whole bunch of confusing and conflicting answers.

9. I have an idea based on those boiling points... it seems that all the chemicals related to marijuana's sedative effect require higher temperatures to vaporize. It would make sense that lower vaporization temperatures would tend to produce more alert, stimulated highs than high vaporization temperatures.

Good to know...

10. Except that as you see above, those boiling points aren't the temperature at which the solid crystals vaporize...I thought the same thing, as you can see above.

11. Even so, it would make sense that lower temperatures would still bring out a more Sativa-like high...

12. To a point, yes. THC has one of the lowest vaporization temps of the cannabinods, so a low temperature vape will generally bring out more head high, but it will waste the other cannabinoids.

13. I wish i could but i cant. Do you know another way of printing this?

14. When having the chart on your screen, press alt+prt scr (print screen, to the right of f12 on your keyboard) and copy paste it into Paint or a similar program, then cut away the excess until you only have the portion of the chart that you want, then paste into microsoft word and repeat until you have the rest of the portions done too

Hope this was the answer you were looking for ;)

15. Yes it sure did, thank you very much. Nice lookin out.

16. Updated with pie graph of non-psychoative cannabinoid properties.

17. #37 Ralta, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
    Just a message...WOW! Brilliant info man, definately looking at this with a new set of eyes. Just the diagram that I was after :)

Ralta

PS just fathomed out how to do +rep here so..... +++++rep :)

18. Well designed post, thanks. This is Very helpful!

19. Ca2+, the molecule coming from the CBD cannabinoid is an anitepileptic.
    Antiepileptic means a drug that prevents epileptic seizures, these drugs are also called anticonvulsants.
    I found something very Interesting about these drugs in Wikipedia:

*Following

Could this wikipedia definition imply that the saying, "smoking weed makes you stupid" comes from the fact that Ca2+ is in CBD, a cannibinoid in marijuana?
    Could habitual smokers vape their weed without subliminating CBD somehow and not "become stupid off smoking weed"?

and does the fact that the study was done on children have to do with the "rule" that you shouldn't smoke if you're under 18 years old (because your brain hasn't reached substantial development to not lower your IQ even while smoking all the cannabiniods?

Just wondering, am i making any sense with all this?
    does anybody have any insight into how all this shit is linked together?
    or interesting thoughts about it?:wave:

Anticonvulsant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

20. Wolfram|Alpha

I would do a search here for additional reference materials. This engine will even output all results into PDF for you to DL, too.