e-Cigarette modded with THC

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by herecomesthesun, Apr 11, 2009.

1. there is a method, its a propelyne glycol tincture (same liquid in e cigs)
    i haven't tried hash oil but what i did was

1. purchase a 1/2 zip (ounce) of some fire

2.ground a bowl or two less of a half zip in a coffee grinder (or grinder)

3.put a cup of PG (propelyne glycol) in a pot w/ ur ground herb

4.heat as low as u can go stir every one in a while

5.after 2-4 hours tincture will no longer darken so its done

6.strain w/ a cheese clothe (clean white t-shirt also works) into a bowl

7.suck up in syringe and put in dropper bottles

notes on creating e liquid

KEEP AN EYE ON IT it will fuck up if too hot, cooked to long, cooked to
    short ect..
    use a coffee grinder and cheese rag for best results
    the xcese ground bud is still smokable (or cookable)
    if u use too little pg while cooking add just a little more but dont add to much
    its better to cut after cooked
    only use small amount of xtract's for flavoring i like to make 1/3rd of my bathch flavored

notes on uses and storage

always use a separete atomizor as it does wear out about twice as fast
    if you get super blowed from a couple of hits cut it w/ more PG
    because it is putting more strain on ur atomizer
    always store in a cold dark place (fridge if ur not at mommy and daddy's)
    because light and heat will make ur tincture loss potency
    ur e-thc liquid will lose potency after the first month and after the second month it will have no potency
    higher output atomizers are recomended

notes in general

u should only have 1-1 1/3 cup of tincture after cooked if useing a 1/2 zip
    i make enough for me my roomate and my dealer so be sure to use less bud as it will expire if u make too much
    it isnt oderless or smokeless, adding flavoring does mask the scent but a cop will still sniff ur ass out so its not icognito as everyone thinks
    it is a more puff puff on ur way (very little down time to smoke)
    every hit tastes like a green hit
    its more of an art than a science it took me four times to perfect my recipe
    in general its an easy way to smoke tastes like bud and lasts me all month
    plus i got specail reese's cake made w/ ground bud for when i get hungry:smoking:

ps dont ask me for a youtube video picture tutorial ect.. make it urself i just typed all this for ur ass but if u do use hash oil dont use this recipe, ur gonna need more than a cup of pg for that
    :wave:

2. #42 (x_x)Zombie, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
    ohh and just so u kno it doesnt burn ur thc it vapes ur PG not sure if this is more or less healthy to free base this tincture but it does conserve, before i smoked over a zip a month now im using less than a 1/2 a zip and i smoke probably 3-6 drops a day witch probably equal 2-3 bowls but every hits green and i can take a couple hits here there everywhere and be less stoned but more throu out the day:smoking:
    and the better the quality bud the better ur batch so pay the little xtra

3. i want one so bad but i cant afford one

4. so you are just putting two or three drops on the atomizer? your not soaking the tincture in the fliter? well either way right on dude!

5. no no u fill it like a regular cart but u dont have to fill it up so much just top it off after the intail fill, i also just made a batch today w/ humco vegitable glycol "glycerine" can be purchased at walmart in the sanitizer and disefectant isle
    and it vapes like regular e juice i also did mesurments this time so

1. 1/4 zip gets u 30 ml before cut

2.when cutting cut w/ 7 parts thc e thc liquid 1.5 parts water 2 part PG .5 flavoring (if no flavor use 2 part water) i also used the xcese bud and boiled it and used the same method of straining and added this as the water, it gave it the more distinctive bud taste

3. cooking time was increased to 3-5 hours, i didnt tinker w/ higher temps but it was about 210-230 degrees when i checked the temp w/ my water solution

4.it takes about 3 secs w/ a 510 manual and it practicaly forces its way out the cart after the 3 secs while vaping,

ps i used some super dank this batch, like jaw droppin so ur probably gonna wanna start off w/ 20 ml and if it super browns then add more like i said its an art not a science till its a mild brown, havent tried it in my prodigy yet but the 510 njoye is rockin my world im so blown right now, also made 5 ml cut w/ 24 millagram nicotine e juice in place of pg, not bad and it almost completely masks the scent "camel flavored"

ill hit up the forum to let u guys kno how long a cartridge vapes for but so far to long:smoking:

6. Just tried this with my electronic cigarette.

See the thing is, the majority of these e-cgs use a prorus almost sponge like vaporizer- much like the one shown here
    [​IMG]

I stuffed about .2 grams in the nicotine sleeve and sucked...and sucked...and sucked- finally I tasted some cannabis vapor.
    I was semi suprised with how well it worked, but it drained the battery FAST and when I tried cleaning out the atomizer, I had noticed I'd ruined it!:eek:

I was pissed.But it was my own fault.

7. you need to cut it w/ water and or PG until its as liquidy as the e juice u get online, as for rouining your atomizer it because your hitting it for to long, i wouldnt recomend this recipe to anyone with an automatic battery you need a manual so u can better controll the heat, ohh and dont use VG (vegetable glycol, glycirone) it apperantle turns into harmful chemicals 10 degrees higher than its vaping point,

8. this really sounds fun.

9. There are threads about this on every forum ever, but nobody's mentioned trying straight kif / kief in a cartomizer. "Cartomizer" is the Vapor4Life Vapor King KR808 e-cig part that screws onto the battery.

I am unable to cook up a THC & glycol soup. Instead, I am putting a small amount of kief in the mouth end of a near-done cartomizer and adding a few drops of the normal nicotine glycol solution to gently hold the kief to the cotton inside.

Has anyone else tried this, or a similar no-cooking method, successfully? My anecdotal results from trial 1 are not conclusive. I'll update if I make any progress with forthcoming trials.

10. who knows a store in toronto that sells these?

11. A google search just told me that there are kiosks in Toronto area malls that sell them.

12. #52 lppa2006, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
    so i ended up here because I just learned about these e-cigs and am considering switching to one, and of course being a stoner I instantly thought would this work with THC.. and well here i am, and apparently lots of others have been thinking the same way...

Anyway with that said and after reading though all of these posts and seeing all of the potential problems with using actual THC i rmembered that a friend of mine on house arrest has been using a research chemical that provides the same effects as THC.. i cant remember the exact names off the top of my head but i know one of them is called JWH-018 or something like that.. Now considering this is a chemical based product and im assuming water soluble it wouldnt have the negative side effect of creating a resin to clog the atomizer.. on the major plus side it is currently still in a legal status and doesnt show up in urine screens.

Well just thought I would toss that out there for anyone who knows about the research chem and might be willing to experiment, if it works out be sure to let us all know.

If it does work I may very well of found my alternative to smoking cigs and weed. Although i still will likely smoke weed, but having a legal alternative when i need to look for a job or dog forbid if i ever get in trouble again.

13. In terms of the switching to e-cigs and getting off tobacco I couldnt advise it enough:)

I had tried everything, and as soon as I had an e-cig I never once had a desire to smoke a tobacco cig again. Was REALLY easy.

And you wont have to worry about the FDA as much anymore, as per this from a few days ago.

IMPORTANT!!!
    WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--A U.S. judge said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration doesn't have authority to regulate electronic cigarettes, dealing a blow to the agency's efforts to regulate tobacco products as drugs or devices.

U.S. District Judge Richard J. Leon sided with electronic cigarette makers in finding that the FDA has no authority to regulate the products and can't stop them from entering the country.

"This case appears to be yet another example of FDA's aggressive efforts to regulate recreational tobacco products as drugs or devices," Leon said in his ruling. He added the FDA's "tenacious drive to maximize its regulatory power has resulted in its advocacy of an interpretation of the relevant law that I find, at first blush, to be unreasonable and unacceptable."

The FDA has seized shipments of electronic cigarettes, which look and taste like cigarettes but don't contain tar. Smoking Everywhere, one of the largest makers of electronic cigarettes, had challenged the FDA's authority over the products.​
    -By Jared A. Favole, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-9207; jared.favole@dowjones.com

14. You can resurrect those dead atomizers.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/56499-510-atomizer-resurrection-mod.html

15. well me and some frineds put weed in vodka to do an extraction green dragon thing and dropped some of that on the sponge. i think we got kindof high

i bet if you put some kief in the nicotine glycerol and let it dissolve it would be sweet

16. If everyone is so concerned about ruining their atomizer, why not get an adapter and use a blank cartomizer instead.

I was thinking of taking the TW Tornado, get the 510-808D-1 adapter for it and start using blank cartomizers from v4l.com instead. Fill those up with thc oil so you won't have to worry about ruining an expensive atomizer. 5pack of blank cartomizers is $12 or so i believe.

Happy 4/20 everyone! :D

17. i have the green smoke e-cig and each tobacco cartridge has a fresh atomizer...

wondering how it would work on these.... i paid $100 for this one.. still not sure if i want to keep it or return it.

18. Ok guys.

I know I am new to this forum but would like to share what I have learned in the past few day.

To start of I am from CA and have a medical Card for 6+ years. The Idea of personal Vaping is great to me. I have owned a vapor brothers and a volcano they both take up space and time, along with not being portable. when I heard of e-cig I thought of Cannabis right away I was on a quest.

I was able to find a joye 510 pretty easy at my local smoke shop "fatty zone" no the quest for e-juice was on. I am not my of a home brew type of person so I started my search. e-juice is the same as medical
    Indica Organic Glycerin Tinctur. Here is link to the one of the top makes is CA.

Totally Baked Medibles - Home

Totally Baked medibles recently won a 3rd place medal at the 1st ever High Times Medical Cannabis Cup in San Fransisco

I was able to find a local Cannabis club that carries this product. $30 later I am home with full bottle. the consistence is the same as e-juice. I just filled my cartridge up and it smoke great.

i will post back after the week to give a update but it seams to be working good for now.

Now I want to find an eGo e-cig to buy localy. Looks like a bigger batter is key.

I hope this helps out.

19. my brother was able to get some THC oil and put it in his e-cig and he said it worked wonders for him, its just expensive for him to get

20. I am vaping a THC juice I made up tonight right now. The best thing about it is it is only a one-day process. I'll describe the process for you in a sec, but I wanted to respond to the folks wondering where to get an e-cig without having to mortgage the house:

Welcome to MadVapes LLC

Check these guys out. I personally bought the eGo kit. It has a 900 mah battery and lasts me about 2 days (and I'm a heavy vaper). I paid maybe $50.00 for it. If you want to start out with a "disposable" 510, they run about $10.00.

Okay, the THC juice (I call it "Joy Juice"). First, materials:
    1. Weed (BHO)
    2. Pyrex plate
    3. razor blade
    4. Everclear or Golden Grain
    5. Vegetable Glycerin (VG)
    6. mason jar

The first step is to make some Butane Honey Oil (Do This Outside!). I used a 1/4 oz bag weed and ran it thru a mini chopper first. Then I did 2 runs with some small cans of calibri I picked up at Kroger. If you don't know how to make bho I recommend you search this forum. There are some great how-to's here.

The next step is to heat some bho up in a pyrex or ceramic bowl (if you can lay hands on a clear pyrex bowl, that's perfect). Stick the bowl in a 225 degree oven for about 10 - 15 minutes. Or, if you feel brave, heat some Golden Grain (or Everclear) up on the stive or in the microwave (Not Recommended, A Damn Fine Way to Blow up the Kitchen!)

Add a little 'Grain to the bho and stir. As the bho disolves, add a little more 'Grain. The goal is to disolve all the bho into the alcohol using as little alcohol as possible.

Remember: the thiner your mix, the less potent your vape.

Now put you alcohol/bho mix in the mason jar with an equal amount of vegetable glycerin (VG). I was in a hurry so I picked up a couple of bottles of CVS brand Pure Glycerin (6 oz). The best stuff is 100% Kosher Vegetable Glycerin (Google it; Now Foods has an excellent product).

Take your mason jar full of glycerin/alcolhol/bho goodness and put it in a pan of water. Bring it just short of a boil and simmer it until the volume reduces by half (your cooking off the alcohol).

Out of a 1/4 oz of bag weed I got about 14ml of a nice, thick THC/glycerin tincture. I didn't get a hell of a lot of bho out of a 1/4oz obviously, but I'm on my 2nd e-cig refill (first one was 5 drops, this one was 8 drops) and I'm feeling pretty buzzed. I REALLY want to try this with an O-Z or 2 and some better tools. I plan on making a homemade honey bee out of some pvc this time.

I"m also going to start out with the bho in the mason jar in a pan of hot water on the stove and slowly add the alcohol it disolve it. if I can keep from getting too stoned first, I'll even post some pics.

Happy Vaping! (This shit is actually working!!!!):hello: