seedling and veg. stage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wizz587, Mar 24, 2004.

1. whats the difference between seedling and veg. stage and when does veg. stage start and seedling stage end thanx gentlmen

2. Veg starts when you get ur 3 or 5 bladed leaves i think.

3. Wow. Good question. I always wondered that myself, but I didn't think there was a definitive answer. So is it 3 or 5 blades?

And one more thing. I was told the general rule of thumb is 5 weeks or 12 inches tall before flowering. Is that 5 weeks in veg or 5 weeks from dry seed?

4. dont know

5. the seedlings enter the vegetative growth stage.....this is where growth spurts dramatically. It is obvious and not hard to notice a plant that grows an inch or more a day....that is the rapid vegetative growth stage. I personally veg for 8 weeks and flower for 8 sometimes nine weeks. I get some monster plants....remember the bigger your vegged plant the more possible budsites=more buds...try and go as long as you can in veg as long as space will permit it and you will be surprised to see how much more finished product you get. Peace!!

6. i aggre with pete, soon as the seedling has rooted and enters fast growth then i would say its nolonger a seedling.