Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I know if my urine sample was diluted

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bert_mcgirt, Apr 7, 2009.

1. First off - let me say, i am completely clean and did not intentionally dilute.

My throat has been irritated lately from cigarette smoke I suppose and I've been drinking plenty of water in order to swallow without any pain.

I had my final drug screen recently and my sample came out mostly clear but slightly yellow. My PO didn't say anything about it being diluted but it was much more clear than any of the other samples.

I know if it comes out diluted I'll have the opportunity to retest and I'll pass as I have nothing to hide, but I won't hear the results until my next court date when I'm supposed to get off, which I've been looking forward to for quite some time. I'm going to be terribly frustrated if I don't get off then, as I already have several days worth of plans.

I know samples fail if they're completely clear, but since mine was slightly yellow should I be fine?

2. yeah, as long as you werent intentionally flushing i doubt you'll be flagged

3. color doesn't necessarily tell if the urine is diluted or not, my step brother took a UA for his PO last week, he said it was light yellow, bout five days later the PO showed up at his house saying his test was diluted and gave him another one. if your system is clean it doesnt matter if its diluted, you need to dilute it a certain amount of times for them to count it as a fail.

4. It really depends on how much water you were drinking, and the amount of other toxins that were in your body from other, non-drug things.

If it's just slightly yellow you might have a problem, but if it's just lighter than normal you should be fine. It's really hard to say without knowing your diet/activities the past week or so.

5. I think that you would need to drink A LOT of water before it would actually come up diluted. I mean A WHOLE LOT.

6. i'm not worried about it counting as a fail, because I know I'll pass another screening whenever I get it. I'm only concerned about my case being dismissed any later than it should be, and I've waited long enough for my freedom back.

Some more info - for the three days prior it was lots of eggs, chorizo (which is pork/fat), tortillas, beef fajitas, chicken, cheese, and pb & j. To drink I only really had milk and water. Lots of protein now that I think about it, which should put a lot of creatinine in my urine.

However I did consume something like 4-5 glasses of water in the few hours before my test, wihch was incredibly stupid. The thing is, when i swallow without any sort of cool liquid it feels like i'm swallowing broken glass, and I don't want to take any antibiotics for it yet because the kind I'd use for this gives me false positives for cocaine. God, I hate drug testing.