Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone have problems with neighbors in the 'burbs?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by whompwhomperson, Apr 3, 2009.

1. I vaguely remember a few stories I've read on here and also heard in person about neighbors snitching. What I've always assumed is that people in the suburbs don't pay attention to anyone but themselves. At least, it sure seems that way every time I come deathly close to being hit by cars when I'm riding my bicycle. I've always banked on the fact that they're too self absorbed to pay attention to my house, fuck I don't give a shit about their presence (neighbors in the suburbs are typically awful).
    However, a few people have been explaining the opposite, that old middle class people in the 'burbs have nothing better to do but watch everything that goes on. I can imagine that if any of my neighbors noticed what was going on at my house, they'd gladly do whatever it takes to clean up their subdivision of any hooligans and "drug" use.
    Does anyone else, especially in the suburbs, worry about their neighbors, or have you had any confrontations about marijuana with them? People are coming and going at my house all day for a quick L or vape session or whatever. Think anyone is suspicious?
    ...haha this could all be paranoia...I'm not sweatin it though, just wondering.:smoking:

2. a girl a got from had her neighbors set her up in a sting operation or something, but ended up getting the house raided but luckily she had a little less than an ounce on her and she had her medical card too so she just meets people like 5 minutes from her house to sell now.

3. :eek:Oh. Shit. That is fuuuucked up.

4. My neighbor grows weed, So he isn't telling anyone anything, lol

5. I'm always worried about my neighbors. They're this really weird family that aren't very nice, they creep me out. Especially the husband, he looks like a molester. I just try not to smoke when they're outside, because I have a feeling they'd rat me out since they have kids. I don't get why people can't mind their own business. As long as I'm not bothering you, and I'm on my own property, why the hell does it matter? I've never actually had trouble with neighbors, though.

6. i would think a lot of people smoke in their yards but the ones who were exposed are the ones who will make threads, so...it might be a little biased

7. two cops live on my street :(

I moved here a year and a half ago and theyve never been a problem. im pretty sure the one across the street knows I blaze but hes got better and more important shit to do than busting me..plus I dont think he can smelll it from that far away. but im toking as strong as ever and they havent been a problem and I dont think they can bust ppl off duty and theyre gone most of the day so its almost like theyre non existent :smoking::smoking::smoking:

8. I don't live in the "'burbs," but I do live in an affluent neighborhood in a relatively small town (30,000), so that should be pretty close to the 'burb experience. Two summers ago two of my buddies and I were sitting on my back deck around 11:30 at night chatting and enjoying some good beer...just being quiet and keeping to ourselves while enjoying a beautiful summer night. I pulled out a small wooden pipe that I bought in Jamaica and loaded a bowl of some excellent green we started passing it around in-between our sips of beer and conversation. We finished the bowl and headed back inside, but five minutes later two cops did a verrrrrrry slow pass by my house, stopped at the end of the street, turned around, and repeated the pass. Now, I've lived in this neighborhood for 5 years and cops NEVER do passes like that before 1AM. I'm convinced that my neighbor saw us smoking and called the cops. Needless to say, I don't smoke on my deck anymore...and that makes me sad.

9. I smoke in my backyard right off my porch when i am home and i have never had to worry bout my neighbors i have even smoked during the day while the neighbors were getting home and i was in plain view but they still didn't seem to pay any attention to me.

10. MY neighbor ( a 40 something man) was helping fix my motorcycle
    and sparked up what he told me what a ciggy and I could smell sweet
    burning pot, and I explained to him that were the same type of people, BLAZERS.
    and we blazed that night with a few joints, seems creepy but was amazing, we
    also agreed that if he didnt tell my mum&dad i wouldnt tell his wife and daughter lol

my other neighbour knows i smoke ciggies and wouldnt know pot if i waved the bag in her face and got my bong out

11. You really never know who's going to snitch and who isn't, so it's always best to just keep your smoking as private as possible. There are about 6 cops who live within 200 meters of me, yet I've lived here (and have smoked here) for 10 years with no problems. I just don't stand on my front lawn waving my bong around.

12. Na just act normal and do it at the right times. Stay safe. Peace:smoking:

13. Not the same thing your talking about, but my neighbors neighbor lives with his parents and is a huge pill head, he brings alot of unwanted attention to our street. Other than that my neighbors are pretty cool and most blaze, the ones who don't blaze but know some others do don't do shit, we're quiet, chill people and we all get along and respect eachother, so they don't try sending us to jail :)

14. The closer you are to danger, the farther you are from harm. You are in an ideal location.

OP: I try to tell myself that most people are just minding their own business, they're too busy with their own stuff. If they're wasting their time and energy on something that doesn't affect them, they must have some serious issues. However, some of them do have nothing better to do than watch the neighborhood like a hawk, just take simple precautions like not toking outside. I suggest moving to the country.

15. Thats what I did and I fucking love it.

16. Dude I have got the fucking gayest neighbors you can possibly imagine.. their son is a little pussy explorer for the police station and literally everytime I go in my garage they call the police on me. THE FUCKING POLICE. Get this, I was in there one day with the door half closed, I'm pretty sure they know what that means, so I flick some cig butts under the door and 10 minutes later the cops show up and say someone complained about cig butts being thrown in the street! I know this cop from previous experiences and he was cool as hell but seriously, they have called the police on me 5 times, while I'm in my own fucking garage. It is such a problem my friends don't even like coming over anymore.

17. Shit, those are the kind of neighbors I'm afraid I have. I smoke outside maybe once or twice during the night in the summer if there's nowhere to chill but my house, but that's always really late and it's never given me a problem. Actually, sometimes I go outside and smell weed quite strongly, but I'll never know where it's coming from...:confused: Typically I keep it in the house, so what I worry about is just the attention that my stoner friends who stop by (and frequently) bring with them. Some people are so obnoxious and hang out in my driveway practically screaming about DTs and how high they are and how many blunts they've been smoking, it's just painful to see them act that way when I've got seemingly stuck up neighbors and a lot to lose if they get too suspicious. Just can't wait until it's legal, that's all I think all day, every day. Then it'll be smooth sailing.

18. I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this but I was reading this and smoking a wake up bowl and thought I would expand on it. what about when you guys are driving and smoking a bowl. I had to do this a lot especially during the middle years of high school and now I avoid it at all costs. But I always wondered if people could see me hitting the pipe like through my mirrors or whatever. Has anyone ever actually been pulled over because someone saw them smoking? Or have you seen someone blazing in their car while you were in another vehicle?

19. I live in a residential middle class area of san diego. Basically everyone on my street is either old couples, or "perfect families" with a mom dad brother sister, and a golden retriever. My next door neighbor is a perfect family type, they told my G-ma about the smell, but im not bothering anyone, and I keep it on the D/L so everything is chill.

20. #20 DutchX8, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    Here's my ultimate "nosy neighbor" story: http://forum.grasscity.com/real-life-stories/362099-car-chase.html

I really don't understand people that call the cops on pot smokers. Like another guy said, if i'm minding my own business and not bothering anyone, what's the problem? I mean I would understand if I had a group of people over hitting a bong and being really loud in the yard but most of the time it's just me by myself smoking a j. Luckily i've never had any problems with my neighbors, but that's because i'm pretty stealthy about my smoking. But I have had problems with friend's neighbors (see above thread). Some people really need to mind their own business.

EDIT: just remembered one time when some friends and I were smoking in my friend's parked car and someone pulled up practically horizontal to us and put their high beams on. I don't know if they called the cops or not because we left shortly after that.

I've always felt that blazing while driving is one of the most secure methods. I don't think people can see you hitting your bowl/j unless they are really looking for it, since you're driving by them at a good speed. And even if they do, if you're smoking a j, it just looks like you're smoking a cigarette. Just don't drive like a dumbass and police will have no reason to pull you over.