How Did You Exercise Today?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Durchii, Mar 31, 2009.

1. #41 Bencker, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
    40 minutes on a bike at the gym, don't remember the distance, but I kept a really high pace the whole time.

I'm fucking exhausted.

2. ran (marathon style) 4 miles on a treadmill... like i do 4 times a week (on average)

hit the weights full body for an hour... hit the sauna plus stretch for 30 mins

blazed immediatly before and after... :)

3. this is for real lol.... my bet is about half of you are dehydrated right now

when i first got back into working out and was hitting the bikes for hardcore cardio (heart rate of 215 +), i went through 3 bottles of water in 20 minutes... and then like 4 over the course of the rest of my workout...

if your pee is yellow at all during the day... you need more water... and not soda, gatorade, coffee... who knows what else... water...

4. ran 5 k... 21.32 on a 1% incline.... still struggling to get it sub-20

hr peaked at 190... i needed a stronger start... i started with a pace of about 7.30 and ended at 6.10 but could have held a 6.30 pace throughout...

to compensate... i hit squats and hamstrings and calves (calfs?)

did some core work, arms, bench, back then hit the steamroom and limbered up

it was a good day i would say

(had some hash today... almost as fun as the time i went in after brownies lol)

5. i started the morning with some sun salutations/basic yoga stretching, followed by my Siddartion kriya. i then did some kuk sool hyungs until i was sweating, thus starting my day

6. i got out of bed.

i usually work out 4-5x a week, but ive been lazy as of late. been working too much. us jews just love money you know :rolleyes:

7. hey man, do you ride a (motor)bike?

what exactly is wrong with toking it up before a cruise?

in my case, it keeps me scanning further ahead, with
    perfect (stoney?) stops and takeoffs.

then again, i usually scream around on my smaller bike :D

8. It's just my logic when looking at any type of vehicle short of a bicycle on public roadways. I've seen a lot of accidents in my day caused by intoxication on... pretty much anything, dude (I saw someone T-Bone another vehicle while trying to huff a Whip-It and blowing through a red light. No joke.) so I have a very strong sense about me when it comes to driving sober, especially while riding on a motorcycle.

I'm sure a slight buzz won't hurt much, but if you're totally smoked out of your mind I would scrap the ride for after the comedown.

:D

That's just me, though.

9. Well, my buddy ended up giving his UFC Bag to someone else, so my other friend and I searched Craigslist for an hour or so the other night and found a 50 pound half size Everlast for a grand total of $20, so we jumped on that deal prety quickly. It's an almost brand new bag, and not that heavy so we were able to string it up with rope in my basement.

I was going at it pretty heavily today, and noticed that every time I would strike the bag with my right hand, there would be a spot of blood on the area I hit. Looking at my hand, I slipped my glove off and my entire Forefinger Knuckle was decimated so badly that blood was seeping through the glove. I used that as my chance to take a break. My right hooks and straight jabs are definitely increasing in power. Whenever I attack it at full force, I need my Room Mate to brace the other side of the bag so it doesn't flail every which way.

:p

I also hooked into a 10 or 11 pound Brown Trout while fishing yesterday and played him for about five minutes. I looked at him dead in the eyes as he was coming out of the water, and then the little bugger nabbed my bait and took off. I doubt that counts as exercise, but I think so...

10. I stretched a little then I hit the heavy bag for about 15 minutes. After that I did my usual pushups and crunches (50 each) then a round of jumping jacks. Once I'm warmed up I usually then do some kata and hyung but today I did some weights instead.

11. #51 Olesmoky, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    haha good fun, good fun Durchii, sounds like a nice bag to snag up for $20. As for the fish, man I went fishing up on lake superior for fishes when I was like 14, long story short a 19 lb king salmon was a massive fight for my little 14 year old arms. I have to get back out there on a charter boat, bringing in those fish is fun. I've always been more of a bass/northern fisherman myself (probably my area of residence)

My workout today consisted of shooting my new break barrel .22 along with some light jogging to setup targets. I'll be hitting the weight room shortly.

I'll actually post my schedule haha. My schedule is the same each week, however the muscle confusion comes from going from low reps with high weight, to high reps with low weight. I stay within a reasonable amount, never getting too low on a weight so its only endurance lifting, and never too high where its strenuous.

Week 1-2

Monday:
    Stretch
    Jog (Usually around my block which is roughly 3/4 mile)
    Push-ups X 25
    Crunches X 75
    Leg Lifts X 25
    Bench 90% max X 4-6 reps
    Arm Curl 90% max X 4-6 reps
    Leg Lifts X 25
    Crunches X 75
    Push-Ups X25
    Stretch

Tuesday - the same except different lifts
    Chest press 90% max X 4-6 reps
    Kneeling arm lift 90% max X 4-6 reps

Wednesday - break day or free time (basketball usually)

Thursday is the same as Monday
    Friday is the same as Tuesday

Saturday and Sunday are the same as Wednesday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 3-4

Monday:
    Stretch
    Jog (Usually around my block which is roughly 3/4 mile)
    Push-ups X 25
    Crunches X 75
    Leg Lifts X 25
    Bench 75% max X 8-12 reps
    Arm Curl 75% max X 8-12 reps
    Leg Lifts X 25
    Crunches X 75
    Push-Ups X25
    Stretch

Tuesday - the same except diferent lifts
    Chest press 75% max X 8-12 reps
    Kneeling arm lift 75% max X 8-12 reps

Wednesday - break day or free time (basketball usually)

Thursday is the same as Monday
    Friday is the same as Tuesday

Saturday and Sunday are the same as Wednesday

12. Step practice. A long and exhausting practice since it's our last one before our performance.

13. bike ride! wewt

dude, it was soooo niice out today.

14. It's going to be beautiful tomorrow. I'm planning on taking my bike around the block some time before morning and then hitting the lake for the early, early morning catch.

Some time around sun rise, hopefully. That's typically when the Trout like to feed.

:D

15. #55 wenahaone, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
    sort of random stuff.

at school did two sets of those really wide pull ups, one set of rows. three standard bench. 155, then 175, then 135. did some narrower gripped pull ups in between. oh, did some dips before bench. oh, one set of heavy curls leaned over on the dealy.

went to y later on. did pull ups when i got there( I AM the pull up king!). did curls on machine. alot of em. I have always neglected my biceps. did whatever you call em. the opposite of flys, for your traps and real delts. one set rows. incline bench with free weights 2x. normal bench. then did a set or two with a wide grip. then did bench with free weights.

that's it, I think.

edit:NEVER do sit ups. need to do some before I go shower....I'm paranoid about getting on the floor and contaminating my face and breaking out..ya, I'm weird.

16. I remember I took a half eighth of shrooms one night and went for a long bike ride in the dead of winter.:D

17. ha nice sounds like something I would do...well me and my friends did smoke some weed and ride our bikes last time we had a fairly serious snow storm him in Seattle this last winter. I was on a roadbike in multiple inch snow aha sittin sideways but didn't fall once :p

I usually do like 27-50 perfect pushups and like 40-70 bicycle crunches before and after bed. Somestimes like 18 bicep curls on a 25 barbell and some leg lifts, those get you good :)

18. Today I did my normal warm ups and calisthenics then went outside and did kata and hyung then got out my katana for some practice there. It felt good; it was cool and crisp and clear and the Sun was just coming up.

19. I exercised everyday all week! Unpacking, moving furniture around, taking the dog for a walk...Sex...Getting up to clean/load my bowl!!

Seriously...I think that people who deem "stoners" "lazy" should take a look at each individual. If you had a lot of energy and get up and go in you prior to smoking, you will still have the same energy...If you were lazy before discovering the herb, odds are that is the way you were before. I am not negating the fact that MJ is good for relaxation, but I have yet to experience the laziness people accuse "us" of. :smoking:

20. I certainly don't work out after smoking a heavy Indica :D

In general I like waiting until after I workout to smoke. It relaxes me as I cool down as well as eases the pain this old body feels sometimes ;)