HTG grow tent (Mother keeper)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by neMMMM, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Hey GC. I have been thinking about doing a grow for quite some time right now. I was thinking about just buying a kit to start off with because i simply do not have time to build my own right now.

I was thinking about this one on HTG http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=53545.

i know this would only be for veging and i would probaby get flowering cfls later on.

My questions are:
    1) Would this be good for 2-3 autoflowering plants (Topped/lst'd)
    2) Would the fan be loud?
    3) is it light proof?
    4) would i be able to hook a DIY carbon filter to that fan?

Thanks a lot!!! and hopefully will be adding a grow journal once i get these questions answered/ figure out what i wanna do heheh.:smoking:

2. anyone...?

3. I have never used a cab. These are opinions - your results may vary. Having said that here goes...

1 Sure. Lots of crop management though.

2. Small fan with low cfm would be pretty quiet. Never used that one though...

3 Yes. They probably have that part covered by now.

4 The fan is weak so it would have to be a pretty free flowing filter. I would ask the vendor if they can accommodate a carbon filter.

After you get a larger set up you can use it for a "mother" or vegging tent so you can stagger your harvest. I sure could use one of those right now...

Good luck!

4. THanks alot mahoney - any more input?

5. anyone know if i can make that my exhaust fan blowing out and attach a carbon filter to it?

6. should have no problem but i would suggest just getting a little bit larger tent and buying your lights and other items separately so you can pick and choose exactly what you want for your specific needs.

or you can end up like me and buy cfls then upgrade to 150hps then upgrade to T5 for veg and added a 400watt hps..trust me you can never have to much if anything you will probably upgrade if you continue trying to grow and dont give up!!!

I have learned that it is better to just get the best from the start if you can afford it...either way i wish you the best and you gotta start somewhere ( i started with an aerogarden and soon realized i would out grow that and move to dwc buckets now back to soil because i get better results being a newb myself

7. it says its an inline fan... the four inch inline fans are super loud.. but for all the money your saving you can build your own filter and build your own muffler.... problem solved.. get this wish i had seen this... what a deal

8. tbh inline fans are your best choice if you want it quiet and have great suction.

but you may as well buy a 6" inline fan with a fan speed controller.

its like triple the power. and you can turn it down with lower noise and the same power as the 4"!

9. id say: Screw the carbon filter, go with a big ona block and an air purifier. Or, if you want a carbon filter, screw that fan and get a 4" inline fan, and a 4" carbon filter. Or a DIY carbon filter. Whatever works best for you. It's all a matter of personal preference.

10. ona is so gross... touched that stuff in the hydro store... finger was greasy for an hour... does it work? i saw those ona filter things you hang on the wall... maybe it takes a power source.... but everytime i see that jell i think of the crap in a baby diaper... maybe its just me... yuck

once again... personal prefrence

11. Haha, very much agreed

12. HAHAHAHA.. you saw my questions... don't skip over them, hahahaha

13. Oh, My bad.

Yes, Ona Blocks do work. I have not heard of the Ona Filters that take a power source? Ill look into that. But to your first question, yes, Ona Blocks do work, but I would assume they'd be pretty greasy if you put your fingers in their, thats why you just open the lid and leave it=p

14. oh. hahahahaha. Why thank you