Just found a bunch of REALLY old percocet.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Shift_aws, Mar 24, 2009.

1. I found some old percocet from 2/1/05 when i had my wisdom teeth removed. I have been beefing for some percs and im wondering if its alright to take 4 year old percocet?

2. nah you should just throw them out. anything over a year old isnt good to take. The effects wont be as strong as they should anyway

3. noooooooo^^^what the hell are you talking about man shit dont pass around stupid info,

anyways hopefully you didn't listen to that dude cause you might have just wasted madd oxycodone,

Ive taken opiates including perks with expired dates countless times its completely fine,ive even tooken oxycodone from 1989 an it was completely fine,expiration dates are there to make money an a couple of other reason i don't feel like explaining

4. Perfect example of someone who doesnt know what the fuck they're talking about, but gives advice anyways.

They are fine. It is possible that some potency is gone, but being only 4 years old, they will probably be close to the same as new ones.

A guy on here a few months ago had some opiates (forget which one, maybe hydromorphine) from like 20 years ago.

Bottom line, they're fine, have fun.

5. Percocet is not oxycodone

First, the expiration date, required by law in the United States, beginning in 1979, specifies only the date the manufacturer guarantees the full potency and safety of the drug -- it does not mean how long the drug is actually "good" or safe to use. Second, medical authorities uniformly say it is safe to take drugs past their expiration date -- no matter how "expired" the drugs purportedly are. Except for possibly the rarest of exceptions, you won't get hurt and you certainly won't get killed. A contested example of a rare exception is a case of renal tubular damage purportedly caused by expired tetracycline (reported by G. W. Frimpter and colleagues in JAMA, 1963;184:111). This outcome (disputed by other scientists) was supposedly caused by a chemical transformation of the active ingredient. Third, studies show that expired drugs may lose some of their potency over time, from as little as 5% or less to 50% or more (though usually much less than the latter). Even 10 years after the "expiration date," most drugs have a good deal of their original potency. So wisdom dictates that if your life does depend on an expired drug, and you must have 100% or so of its original strength, you should probably toss it and get a refill, in accordance with the cliché, "better safe than sorry." If your life does not depend on an expired drug -- such as that for headache, hay fever, or menstrual cramps -- take it and see what happens.

6. Ummm. Yea it is man. Its that and basically tylenol.

7. percs are oxycodone/apap

bottom line there way more then fine to take

8. Eat those bitches like a fine pussy!

9. [quote name='TooFastTim']Percocet is not oxycodone

Your an idiot. Percocet is the oxycodone equivalent of say lortab or vicoden, which is hydrocodone and tylenol. Hope that came out right I'm high as shit:smoking:

10. no you're an idiot, for asserting your opinions as fact without knowing what you are talking about.

percocet is oxycodone and apap
    vicodin is hydrocodone and apap

11. Tylenol is APAP bro.:wave:

12. it'll be fine to take. The efficacy should be close to 100%

If it were 30 years old then I might start having doubts. 5 years ? that's nothing

13. i'm trying to explain to you that percocet contaings oxycodone, not hydrocodone as you appear to believe.