Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So..If I just take a nug and eat it?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ragekai, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Your THC molecules have an extra carbon dyoxide group making them THC-acid and making your brain receptors non-responsive to them.

Heating THC past ~300 degrees F removes the co2 group by a process called decarboxylation, and makes it good old Delta 9 THC!

2. you are always so full of useful information Lebowski

3. Wow... Ofcourse it wont do anything you obviously have to burn it.

4. my friend gave me a free 20 bag once, and i had no smoking device so i jsut ate it, cause i figured what the hell. i grinded it up, and ate it, and after about 20 min i forgot about it, and then another 15 min later out of no where i just felt like jello, i was in my right mindset i just felt really weird, you have to really chews it and extract all the juices. chew it for a good 10 min. another thing i did was take a bagel put some sauce on it then grinded up a 10 put in on the sauce with some butter put some more sauce, and cheese on top of it and cooked it. I ate it, and then 25 min later i got pretty bombed

5. *face palm*

6. i second this.

i shudder to think of all the weed that has been wasted from kids just munching on it.

dumb stoners. :p:wave::rolleyes:

7. need heat make sum with alot of fat in it penut butter cookies mmmmm

8. really the best way to get high off eating straight bud is to pack it (like a lip of chewing tobacco) either in your lip pouches or under your tongue. You can chew it up a bit first, them form it into a ball/pouch in your mouth. Helps to chew it up, because it breaks up the bud and releases the trichs/crystals from the inside of the bud.

Reason for this is, if you just chew & swallow the bud, it goes right to your stomach, where it mixes with other food and digestive acids, breaking down the thc and other cannabinoids.

If you keep it in your mouth, you are absorbing the thc and cannabinoids out of the bud in your mouth. The thc can actually be absorbed through the mucous membranes in your cheeks, mouth and throat.... as well as dropping down into your digestive system.

I've gotten pretty f'ing high off consuming nice frosty buds this way. Used to do it during school. i could just sit in class all day with a nug in my mouth, sucking those sweet tasty juices! yum! :)

9. Think of it this way-

eating a raw nug is like loading a bowl and just sucking through the pipe and not lighting the bud.

thc has to be activated for you to get high. in other words it has to be heated.

10. hmm now im wondering if you lit a bud, cooled it, and ate it, if it would do anything.

im not gonna do that, it would waste good bud; im just brainstorming here

11. #32 cupcheck, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    this thread is so dumb except for the 2 or 3 informative posts that answer the OP's question fully, but which everyone else just scrolls past to continue the dumb question asking...

don't eat it unless you have cooked it into something. you can put it in your mouth, but your mouth doesnt have a high enough temperature to activate the majority of the THC (like a lighter would do, or a stove when cooking, or a vaporizer, etc).

also, your mouth does not contain nearly-enough fat to breakdown/activate the oh-so-good properties that THC contains. you are wasting so so much that i want to kick you.

chew a $20 gram and get little to nothing from it, or break it into 4 bowls and get high all hour/night/weekend/week depending on your tolerance.

if you really want to eat something that close to raw weed, just make some firecrackers. this technique is well documented in about 8,423 different threads.

12. You would just be vaping away the thc.

13. um i chew stems but thats cause they taste good.:p