Plant leaning over?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by randomnamexyz, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Hey just wondering what do i do if a plants like falling over how can i keep it on straight or if it cant stay up straight on its own does that mean the plants dying? Cause one plant was leaning over so i put some card board behind it, the next day i check on it and it lost all of its green color it was shriveled up and just lying down. Should i remove the dead plants to or just leave them?

- thanks for reading -

2. Dude I wish I could help you out but I don't really have enough experience to say for sure what you should do. But I might have a few ideas for you. I've read that if you're using cfl's (compact flourescent lights) and you don't place them close enough to your plants, the plants will stretch to the light making them tall and weakening the stem and causing them to fall over. You should probably stake them and tie them up. You can use regular white tring to tie them but not to tight. When you put the stake in, do it gently and if you hit some resistance, you might have hit a root, start in a new place. Also, are you using an oscillating fan? You need that constant wind to strengthen the stalk. Anyway, I don't know if any of this will help but for what it's worth...
    Good luck man.

3. Damn, there's a lot of this going around....Like you read in the above post, if the plant has stretched, it will be weak and may not be able to support itself. This can be caused by lights too far away, or by overwatering. Overwatering is usually the culprit. You can either stake it up, or transplant it deeper. Also, keep a fan blowing on them to build up their "muscles".