t5 fluorescent veg and flower LOOK!!!!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by djrighthooks, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Hey whats up guys anyone running a flower room like this?

veg room

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPvtVoVDRmc"]YouTube - the veg room[/ame]

flower room

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6NGvDLtPCw&feature=related"]YouTube - the flower room[/ame]

2. I'm skeptical.

3. Nice set up, I'm doing a T5 grow, cant decide between Hydrofarm or Sunlight supplies New Wave T5. Any Advice, much apprecinated?

4. Hello - I'm researching lighting...I'm a patient in CA and want to set up a grow room. Due to the age of the building I rent in (100 years old) I want to keep my lights cool for safety, although I could see myself evolving to a HPS in the future...for right now, my task is to get 3 plants to maturity and I'd like to start with a T5 system to start.

QUESTIONS:

1) Can I get plants from seedling to maturity using a rotation of different strength lights (i.e., 6500k bulbs for vegging and 3000k bulbs for flowering)?

2) If so, how many bulbs should be used for this amount of plant material (3 seedlings). Should I get a fixture that holds 4 or 8 bulbs?

3) I don't have strains chosen yet, but smaller-bushier ones have been recommended for this lighting system...supplement flowering w/ CFL's? If so, any recommendations on strength and models.

YOU ARE A T5 PRO, I could really use your input...thanks very much! :confused:

5. DUDE!

thank you for making this video i was a little skeptical about t5s but holy shit those buds look nice!

going to my local hydro store to pick some up!

6. hey Guys first Post here on GC And first off I would like to say thank you for all the Help and Information on Growing Its amazing what the internet can do for you these days!!

And Now For My Question I have a buddy that is into Saltwater fishtanks and he has 3 2x54 GLO HO T5 ballasts that he is selling for $20 per unit, Now these lights are specifically used for fishtanks but I figured that I could put in Grow Bulbs for Plants that would match the wattage, Im Wanting to throw these lights in a stealth mini Fridge Grow box or a full sized modern fridge for growing, would two of these units be enough lighting for about 4-5 plants? i mean running roughly 216 watts of light and they run pretty darn cool too I used to own this same light fixture on a saltwater tank and they did just fine and that was only one unit and it also grew aquatic plants with the stock bulbs in a freshwater system and it made the plants grow outta control...any help would be greatly appreciated, P.S. I dont know if anybody ever read this post on this site but some kid bought plastic flowers from walmart and attached them to his plants and nobody was ever able to tell that he was growing some grass haha!! think that would work or is it bullshit?
    Anyways Thanks guys and any and all Help would be appreciated First time grower here ;)

7. I'm using T-5's right now and am fairly satisfied with the results. My grow box is 22"x32"x38"(h). I use Ocean Forest soil in 3 gallon bags. (Previously I grew in a Rubbermaid set-up with cfl's and was always successful.) The box easily fits 3 plants in these bags. I have heat problems in the room I grow in which is why I use the T-5's, which produce very little heat and are cheap to power. The lights are 5 in the red spectrum and 3 in the blue spectrum with 192 watts total. With my first grow in this set-up I grew in 2 gallon pots and was disappointed in the yield (averaged 1 z per plant) but since switching to the 3 gallon bags I'm very impressed and expect to double the yield.

I've thought about trying hydro under the T-5's but I have no experience with hydro. If anyone has any experience doing so (hydro & T-5's), advice is welcome. I've also toyed with the idea of using this grow box for a couple of moms and using the old rubbermaid for clones.

8. I've been running T5s for aver a year now with great results, I have a 4 bulb and an 8 bulb. The 8 was on top and the 4 bulb was on it's side against a wall. I've brought my gals from seed to harvest under this set-up, changing bulb color range when I change the cycles. My plant tops are about 1"-1.5" from the top bulbs and I have a fan that blows air along those bulbs so I can practically grow up to the bulb (but I would not recommend it)
    The more bulbs you have the better the results you get.

Hope this helps.
    Max

[quote name='dddsba']Hello - I'm researching lighting...I'm a patient in CA and want to set up a grow room. Due to the age of the building I rent in (100 years old) I want to keep my lights cool for safety, although I could see myself evolving to a HPS in the future...for right now, my task is to get 3 plants to maturity and I'd like to start with a T5 system to start.

QUESTIONS:

1) Can I get plants from seedling to maturity using a rotation of different strength lights (i.e., 6500k bulbs for vegging and 3000k bulbs for flowering)?

2) If so, how many bulbs should be used for this amount of plant material (3 seedlings). Should I get a fixture that holds 4 or 8 bulbs?

3) I don't have strains chosen yet, but smaller-bushier ones have been recommended for this lighting system...supplement flowering w/ CFL's? If so, any recommendations on strength and models.

YOU ARE A T5 PRO, I could really use your input...thanks very much! :confused:[/QUO

9. I am about to go live with my growbox setup. (2) 48"Lx33"Dx 46'H boxes veg & bloom. I plan an 8 bulb bank of t5's for each box with an additional 4 bulb bank of t5's for the bloom box. Each 8 bulb bank of t5's emit 40,000 lumens @ 432 watts. The 4 bank t5's puts out 20000 lumens @ 216 watts. So the bloom box will emit 60,000 lumens using 12 bulbs @ 54 watts per bulb = 648 watts or 92.59 lumens per watt. I plan to flower 6 plants in the bloom box. The veg box will be handling 1 mother and 6 clones using (1) 8 bulb bank of t5's emiting 40,000 lumens. 92 lumens per watt is very cost effecient and beats any cfl combination I could come with. Much less heat than with hps or mh also. I also love the light spread in each box with the 48" t5's. An inline 4" fan vents both boxes to the outside and small fans inside each box circulates the air. I am growing in 3 gallon pots and each pot is auto watered once a week. Bloom pots are auto watered twice a week. My veg box lighting will be 18 on, 6 off. My bloom box will be 12/12. I will be starting 7 Purple Kush feminized seeds for my initial grow. 6 will go eventually into my bloom box and 1 will be a mother for clones for the next cycle. I will bring each plant up to 36" before insertion into the bloom box. I hope to harvest about 2 or 3 z's of dried bud off each plant or about 12 to 18 z's per harvest. I am also shooting for 3 harvests per year.

10. this post is 2.5 years old.