Healthy looking plants, but limp...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ColdReign, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Im very new to growing, but I did my research so I have a good idea of what Im doing. I germinated the seeds, stuck them in some small pansy pots and waited. They sprouted, had great looking leaves BUT (heres the problem).

The darn things are growing really tall, about 2-2/1/2 inches now, but they dont seem to be producing a good root system. One of the three has basically limped over, and is just lying in the soil. The top leaves are straighted out and are still growing towards the light, so I know its still trying.

Im using florescent light.
    Light is about 1/2 to a foot off of the ground.

Any suggestions or idea why the planets are falling over and what I can do to produces a better root system. Hell, maybe its not the roots at all, but if someone could send some advice my way it would be greatly appreciated.

2. i dont wanna be a dick but read the stickeys

also pics would help too

3. I'll bet you're over watering.........let them dry out considerably, and see if they rebound. One of the most common mistakes new growers make is keeping their plants to wet. It chokes off the oxygen supply to the root zone, causing seemingly healthy looking plants to droop and fall over. Also, keep your fluorescent light as close to the plants tops without touching. This will keep the plants from stretching to the light. If you have a small fan. put it with the plants to give some air circulation and to strengthen the stem/stalk. Meanwhile, read up in the sticky section.......and good luck on your grow.

4. Alrighty, thanks for the tips, and I will look at the stickys. I do try and look and search before I post, but this site is MASSIVE and its taking me a long time to sift through some of these different sections.