Nirvana HK & Bubblicious

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by random.blurg, Mar 9, 2009.

1. looking good...time for a transplant on those moms...have you transplanted the others?

my hindu kush are slower too and they get the algea growing on the perlight just like yours...they dont seem to drink and eat much. Id let that soil dry out a bith though so the algea doesnt spread because it will choke out the oxygen from the roots.

2. ps...go look at dopey mc smokes journal...off the chain!

3. yeah, algae had been a problem. recently i started watering every 3 days instead of 2, and that pretty much took care of it.

4. cool man

5. #25 random.blurg, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    i forgot to post these:
    made a bubble cloner from an old air pump and p.f. chang's take out containers.
    [​IMG]
    it can hold about 8 clones. a piece of reflectix insulation(aluminum covered bubble wrap basically) holds the clones in place. one lid sits on top of the other.
    [​IMG]
    where the magic happens. no roots in this pic. i'll try to get some up as they develop.
    [​IMG]

6. #26 DopeyMcSmoker, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    Nice bubble cloner you got there. Have you had any successful runs with it yet, or is this the first? I tried making my own bubble cloner, but that didn't work too well... haha Nice job so far; I like your yellow nylon string ;) EDIT: Hint - instead of cutting the nylon string, use a lighter to "cut" it while melting the ends together so they don't fray...
    Peace
    DM

7. the cuttings in the pics are the first batch. right now half the cuttings have begun to grow roots. i think that it helps that i have a pump meant for about 10 gallons or so working on just one little container. i'm glad it's working. how are you cloning now?
    and i'm going to try using a lighter on the string. cutting w/ scissors then trying to feed the end through a small hole sucks! thanks for the advice.

8. I use GreenLight Rooting Hormone and just stick 'em in soil + add water. This has given me almost 100% success rate over the last 5 years since I started doing it. And I'm still using the same 2 oz. bottle of rooting hormone from back then, too! This stuff is awesome... lol

9. sounds like there's no room for improvement there, dopey. can't beat simple and effective.

10. here are the stems as of this morning:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. That one just exploded with roots! LoL Very nice... You got straight water in there, or any additives? How often do you exchange?

12. dude im totally loving that mini bubbler setup....Im going to make one in 10 minutes...ill come back and show you how it comes out.

are you cloning the HK with sucess....I have been failing herd at rooting them but I have been using a soak method...works good for my other plants but not the hindu kush

I just chopped two plants of pure hindu kush...go check it out

13. the water in the reservoir is plain water. haven't had to change it out yet. i dip the stems in rooting powder before they go in, though.

the clone with the best roots in the pic is actually an hk. this is my first go at cloning, so i don't have much to compare this too. it seems like it works pretty well, though.
    i just checked out your journal. very nice! the kush looks great, and those sour d's like amazing.

14. #34 random.blurg, May 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
    these aren't good pics, but there's not to drool over just yet. i threw in one of the two hk in there. it's not one that i'd like to keep as a mom, so it's this or the trash. seems like the ps has stretched a lot compared to the bubblicious. she got tied down a little more just before the pics, so you can't really tell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can see, these two fill the space i have pretty well. next go i'll use three or four to really fill in the space completely.

15. the bubblicious in flower is having some problems. the newer growth is pale green and there's been some yellowing on the bottom. i'll post pics tonight. i think it's either an n deficiency or stress from the transplant.

16. Most likely just stress from the transplant; check the pH of any runoff the next time you water. She should grow out of it though. My bubblelicious ladies always seem to suck the green out of the fan leaves throughout most of the flowering period. The lowest ones always start going after 2 weeks of flower, no matter how much food I give them... Whatever it takes to make my buds fat, I guess. ;)
    Peace
    DM

17. #37 random.blurg, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
    Thanks dopey. i gave 'em a good boost of N today, so hopefully i'll see some nice, dark green growth show through.
    and, as promised, here are pics:
    next round's clones
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i'm happy with my first attempt at it

here's the bubblicious in flowering
    [​IMG]
    as you can see the newer growth is yellow/pale green at the moment

and both in flower
    [​IMG]
    the power skunk is shooting up

18. #38 random.blurg, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
    the bubblicious has started flowering. here are some pics of the bud sites:
    front left
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

front right
    [​IMG]

back right
    [​IMG]

side shot
    [​IMG]

19. #39 thunderfck, May 20, 2009
    lookin good man! :wave:couple questions. what kinda 150 bulb are you using and what powder are you dipping your clones in? im trying to clone my NYCdiesel, not going so well as of yet, still early tho. oh by the way that power skunk is gonna continue to shoot up like crazy!:metal: ill be checkin in, if you dont mind. gonna start a journal soon. nycd and og kush, both from clone.veg cab with cfl. and flowering under 250 hps. keeping a mom and cloning off her. perpetual and totally FF. same scale as your grow. so im extremely interested. peace and good luck.:bongin:

20. #40 random.blurg, May 20, 2009
    the bulb came with a hps fixture i bought online from econo lights. i'm not sure the brand. the rooting powder is just a generic rooting hormone from a local garden store, stuff's called green light. it seems to work fine, though. yeah, i had to tie the power skunk down some more last night. this should be interesting. good luck on your grow.

i was having trouble keeping the temps down in the flower room. i added another pc fan for intake just above the other. now my temps stay around 82F lights on.
    and i'm 100% sure on the power skunk's sex now, checked it under my handheld microscope:
    [​IMG]