Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edible vs. Smoking

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Painkilla240, Mar 3, 2009.

1. ya u might get to high u nub

2. I like both. Each is good in its own aspect. I happen to smoke a lot more than I eat, though.

3. Firecrackers are ghetto, and taste like shit, make your own cannabutter, and make some cookies or brownies, its best way to go. its also body numbing, in case you need it for pain. and last much longer, takes about 2 hrs to really kick in, a good solid buzz last 7-9 hrs, often times I wake up the next morning stoned as fuck.

4. are edibles more potent? like if i put a bowl's worth of weed into firecrackers would it get me higher than smoking the same amount of weed? sorry if this was already answered and im just confused... firecrackers are starting to kick in now

5. Cannacrackers don't really taste like anything if you baked it right.
    And you don't need to use a shitload of PB, there quick and the easiest way for a ghetto edible.

Now I would recommend eating an edible + taking a bong toke 30 mins into it.
    Or smoke a joint then watch as your high keeps upping..:smoking:

6. I made some in peanut butter, put about half a gram maybe alittle less, cooked for half an hour and then wala, Got me high as pie after 40 minutes works wonderfully, but i prefer smoking or using my new little vapour bowl.

7. The THC is slowly soaked up by the fatty oils in the peanutbutter. I had to make them that way since cooking in a college dorm is impossible (no kitchen). It works just as well IMO if not better. I Let my firecracker sit for about a day and a half. An hour after eating it I felt my high beginning, and from then on out it kept increasing. Much better than a smoking high if you only have mids.

8. I'm a bit confused with people saying that "eating cannabis is a waste." How are edibles a waste? You will obtain different highs when consuming cannabis in different ways. I strongly suggest for people to try eating an edible. Depending how potent the edible is and how many of them you eat will decide how high you will be. For me, 1 edible of dank gets me high for a SOLID FOUR HOURS. Also, edibles give you a reaaaally nice body high.

Enjoy!

9. I love smoking but sometimes i feel like a having an edible. To me edible highs last way longer and feel a lot better. You should start off with making a simple firecracker, see how it affects you.

10. #30 triptych, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
    I've read all sorts of stuff about how the THC extraction takes hours. Nope!

Most brownie, muffin, etc. recipes ask for 1/2 cup of butter. (That's one stick.) What I do is grind up an eighth of the herb du jour, and sauté it in a melted stick of butter at low temp for 25 minutes. (You want the butter to be not quite bubbling.) Stir every couple minutes to keep the bud mixed up. Around 20 minutes in, the butter will start to turn very dark, like coffee. If in doubt, sauté at a lower temp rather than a higher one... you don't want the butter to start bubbling or smoking!

Use tape or a rubber band to attach cheesecloth, a coffee filter, or even an old T-shirt (clean!) around the top of a drinking glass. You want it to sag down in the middle an inch or so, so the butter runs into the glass. Pour in the butter, then carefully squeeze the bud particles with the back of a spoon to get most of the remaining butter out. It'll be really hot, so watch it. Discard the filter and bud... the bud does not contain any more THC. (I've experimented, believe me.)

You'll have about 1/3 cup of very dark canna-butter. I just look up recipes on the internet for brownies, etc. and use it in place of regular butter. Starting with an eighth of high grade bud extracted into a stick of butter, I can make about 9 muffins, and 1/4 to 1/2 of each muffin is enough to do the trick.

If you've smoked for pain relief, do yourself a favor and try making edibles. There's no comparison. :) Plus, your lungs get to heal.