Maximum Yield Per 1000W light

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by HeMadeMeDoIt, Feb 27, 2009.

1. keep a log of your next time around, im about to upgrade and start playing with a bigger area and more light. i would like to be able to pull 1lb every 4 weeks, doing a similar perpetual that your doing. good luck man!

2. yea it was very crouded w/ 6 5 1/2ft tall plants, w/ no room left to raise the lights. now sticking to 4 until i go hydro next round

3. I definitely will. I should be getting my clones by the end of this week.

4. Hey, just in the early stages of set up. Have 70 square foot room with 9ft ceilings. I,m looking to set up three 1000w lights. how many plants make sense for a set up like this? want to grow the good stuff..kush

5. I would say 75-80!

6. Hey I'm from BC as well, Just in the initial stages of set up. I've built a room inside my shed. it is a total of 70 square feet with 9 foot ceiling. I was thinking of 3 - 1000 watt lights. does this make sense to you. I want to grow Kush, what kind of yield could i expect?

7. 1000w to 1500 watt hps per plant....veg them in 25 gallon pots until they are 5 ft tall in pots....having topped them when they are 2.5 to 3 ft tall....support branches with 6 ft bammboo sticks 3 weeks into flower to create a canopy.....feed them seabird, bat guano, europonic fossil fuel, maxicrop, npk 13-14, atami bloom bcuzz, monster bloom. yeild can be up to 3 lbs dry bud per plant, 2 lbs minimum.....haze 90 day strain

8. 1000w lumatek digi, on a track that only moves 4 ft (pause at each end for 15 sec) i hit an average of 2lbs+ running Organic and soil. 15 plants vegged under a 400 w (on a track that moves almost its full 6 ft) for 1.5 months in 3 gallon pots, i top usually twice and train for horizontal growth with bamboo stakes, i also lolipop 'em rite before flowering which resulting in almost all A+ buds and very little small scraggly ones. medium is 70%pro mix 20% fafard bio soil sea compost, 10% worm castings, lil dolomitic lime aswell. every other watering i fert with 1/4 strenth cal-mag and 1/4 strenth pureblend pro (GOOD $H!T!!!!) adjust ph to 6.5 for fert 7 for watering( reverse osmosis system used). every 10 days i folliar feed with Thrive alive b1, einstein oil occasionally also. i hit 2 lbs with great white shark, just under 2.8 with a half purple kush, half The Hog crop. when 1 crop comes down, the ones in veg go in so thers no down time between. i have just got a handle on this set-up, worked out ALOT of kinks and fuck ups along the way. this set-up is based on lotsa space, with very low energy consumption (in comparision to some). hope it helped

9. i am working on a tier syystem....8by8by7tall.....have 1 shelf at 4ft high around the outter wall of my room then a bench at 1.5ft , then more plants on the floor, with my light in the dead middle.....i figured i could get 42-2gal pots inthere...but i plan to use 3gal square pots for more root space....

10. had a buddy yield 2.5 lbs off some sweet tooth and skunk #1. I believe 8 huge plants. One of the plants had this massive main cola that weighed nearly 10 oz's with just smaller popcorn buds under it. He had to hang a wire and strap it to the step to sustain it from falling ove.r

11. so would use reccomend using a vertical hanging light (chinamans hat reflector) over a horizontal? is say u had 5ft x 5ft x 6fthigh grow space??

12. Make sure your quality doesn't suffer in the quest for yield.

I grow 5 plants under each 1000w light. I end up with generally 15-20oz.
    I am talking ROCK HARD BUD.

Now sure I could throw a few extra plants around the perimeter of my grow.
    In a way they wouldn't even interfer with my main 5 plants and get more yield.
    Maybe an ounce off each of these plants further from the light.
    But that extra yield wouldn't be as high of quality, more fluffy bud.

One time we did something similar to that, just as many plants as we could.
    We ended up with some plants that just didn't get the light intensity.
    4 foot plants with a half ounce. Pain in the ass to trim.

13. 15-20oz per 1000W light? What method are you using, ScrOG?

14. Hi everyone here, ive read this forum and am interested in getting in on this conversation. I have grown for about 3 yrs. started in soil with floro lights, learned a lot in my first grow as i wasnt much of a gardener. Decided to try hydro about 4 months ago and am blown away, bye bye dirt. I now have 1000 hps lite and a dwc setup in a 4ft x 2 1/2 ft closet. I have some budding plants that have a problem with the leaves turning yellow and curling upwards and would like to identify the prob so i can prevent it from happening again. I have researched hydroponics quit a lot and have a pretty good handle on things but cant positively identify this problem. Ph 5.8-6.4, ec 15-20, room temp 65-75F, nute temp 18-22C, humidity 40-60, I have 11 plants in a 32L rez that i vegged for 5 days then put into 12/12, and 5 plants in a smaller tub with a 16L rez that went from clone directly into 12/12, these took less prunning and are growing up more like a 15" solid buds right from the pot up. I used bumper crop bloom a+b at 75% of what directions said(who follows directions anyway) and also used carbo blast. Any pointers anyone here can give me would be awsome and i may be able to provide some input also. I had a 12" fan blowing on these for the last week and the prob started about 5 days ago so i removed the fan thinking this may be the cause but am not sure[​IMG]

15. you cant be fucken serious!
    i thought i grew a big bud last grow, just over 1 oz
    10 oz bud is rediclous, that is a massive bud bro, got any pix?

16. What strains are you guys growing that are getting over a gram per watt??? Seems like anything Kush is a favorite?

17. the greeness of your thumb will be the main determining factor of the yield of your grow, not strain..there is no magic seed that is going to make you a good grower, with a ton of buds per light, and grip of cash

..time and patience will get you to that great big huge harvest....not 3 beans for a cow.

peace

18. I harvested my little crop on sunday, the 11 tub was due any way but the 5 tub was only at the 6th week. I got 5.05lbs of trimmed bud, im hoping i will have a little over a pound once its dried. Not to bad for a hydro newbie. This strain is BC Big Bud. I have a few mods to do to my closet and hydro system, should make thinks a little easier to work with and am going to try using the "Sensi Bloom High Yield Kit". My goal was to grow a pound in my small closet - but ive reached that allready - so - new goal - 2 pounds. This hydro shit absolutely ROCKS.

19. I just harvested my first seven plants, from my first room. The first plant was Blueberry, and yielded almost 15 ounces of dry trimmed bud. I have the other six (4 Kush, and two more Blueberry) hanging, and not sure what they will yield, but it looks to be a bit.

There is a shot of the bud hanging in "The Nukem Chronicles"...there is a link in my sig.

I am using two 600 Watt HPS in each room with Enhanced Spectrum bulbs all the way through, am on a Drip Hydro Recovery using just the regular Lucas Formula, and my rooms are Contained Growing Environments (CGE) enhanced with CO2, etc (complete details are in my Grow Room thread in my sig as well).

The first plant was a monster, and really was just too big for my little 4.5 X 8 foot room, and the little 3 X 6 tray that they are in. That was an amazing plant, indeed!