easy outdoor grow guide

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lisss, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Hi to all...I've seen a LOT threads that become more S/F then how to grow weed...That pisses me off...I mean really,I read somewhere that if u could learn monkey to open/close water hose u can learn monkey to grow weed,so why the bullshit?I thought that easy basic outdoors guide is what we all need(especialy newbies) so keeping it easy and simple is the key!Here we go:

Main thing,and one of the bigest mistakes-Don't Start Too Early Outdoors!!!For several reasons! If you are starting outdoors June 1 is perfect. But if I start earlier I will get bigger buds right? Probably Wrong!
    Its strange but usually true. ill explain. Plants started in early spring will get big but they will take significantly longer to start flowering. This is because at the peak vegetative period they sense the light cycles getting longer and longer, until June 21. But they don't realize that its time to flower yet. Finally in the middle of August the plant says "HEY" "time to flower already" and it produces buds in August and September or later they will be tall as trees but thinner buds due to the fact that the sun is not as strong in September. Now if the ganja plants were put out later, as soon as they get a foot off the ground they say "what's going on" I am just in early veggie and the light hours aren't getting longer in fact SHORTER" Then the plants go crazy and since the sun is so bright in July and August you get amazing 6 foot trees that are heavier than the plants started in April!!! in addition to finishing earlier the late started plants are not nearly as noticeable.

1.Germinating-(Lets supose that u have the seeds)No science needed,put soil mixed with some dirt(50/50 ratio)in the flower cup,make a hole in soil about 1cm deep and put seed in,cover it,keep it outside on the sun,water it(say 3times a day) for couple days and the plant will show up in 2-3-up to10days.One of the easyest ways(that I do)is to do the same thing in my moms garden.Soil is right,mom water it regular etc. just remove litle plant in cup before mom pick it : ) And remember-Over watering kills cannabis plants. Water once the top few inches of the soil dry out.Afther few weeks take plants to wherever you plan to grow them an put them in the hole in ground filled with soil mix similar as were in the pots…
    2.U dont need fertilizer for 3 weeks(there are enough nutrients in the soil).U can fertilize plant afther 3weeks mixing 25%fertilizer and pour it in the ground around plant.Foliar feed or spraying leaves should start afther1.5 month and allways remember-Don't Over fertilize. Fertilize after first 2 spiked leaves appear,follow the label. DON'T FERTILIZE EVERY TIME YOU WATER!!!
    Start with 25% and work your way up!
    Leach the plants with lots of pure water every 2-4 weeks.Organic growing is recommended. Its tastes better and burns much better. Also I water plants once in 3 days when it mature a bit and ferilize once a week…
    If the leaves suddenly twist or fold under, Leach and Spray with pure water for several days! Oh,and fertilizer changes PH vallue in the soil so ph metter will be good thing to own…Ph shoul be as much closer to 6.5 but this can be skiped if u dont use fertilizer too ofthen(be careful of ph if foliar feeding and fertilizing in the ground at same time).If notice any plant problems look it up for the exact syndroms(youll find charts somewhere on the forums im sure…)and try to fix it,adding N,P or whatever it says and stop fertilizing and water plant with water only…U can under fertilize but that is rarely the case but u have charts for that thing too so…

3.Male-female.Easy one for anybody who growed once…When a male enters the stage of flower development, the tips of the branches where a bud would develop will start to grow what looks like a little bud (little balls) but it will have no white hairs coming out of it. Females will have no balls and will have small white hairs.Most of plant show their sex by the end of july but it depends from varieties…
    Offcourse you need to get rid of the males,but do it gentely couse you don't want to spread pollen around…I put bag over the plant and cut it down near the ground,wrap it tight and burry it in the ground…Better safe then sorry :) See pics 1and2 and youll know wich is wich... MALE_FEMALE.jpg

4.Harvest : ) U should stop all fertilization in about 2 weeks before harvesting(I stop it even earlyer couse Im organic grower and don't like chemistry too much+People grow weed for thousands of years without it so…)
    Last and one of the important things-Don't Harvest Too Early!!! When_To_Harvest.jpg
    I know its hard. You see the buds and resin forming at a rapid rate. The buds are potent and you feel tempted to chop em down! The only problem is that another 25% of the weight will form in 2 more weeks.Wait until the plants have totally stopped growing and the white pistils are at least 50-75% brown.
    Got the nice pic when to harvest...
    U can and should harvest plant in 2 times becouse top buds first mature and lower buds are ofthen mature later so if u have to do it in 2 times DO IT,it is worth the bother!Also important thing is when harvesting to put the fresh buds in paper bags NOT in plastic ones couse electricity of the plastic bag can stick the crystals from buds to the bag reducing potency greatly!One more thing about harvesting-I find it much much better to harvest just the buds,and I dry them in my room in dreser draw in sneacker box full of holes(using pine tree refresher and spray it in the room all the time couse I don't want my parents to wonder what is that smell…I don't spray it on my weed offcourse…)later putt it in glass jars.U can find very good info on how to harvest store and cury weed on this forum,think that nugglord_420 wrote it(cheers to the man/woman).

Best of luck to yall,hope that this isnt been too long…I used some of the text from various sources(hope its ok)Allways keep reading,sharing what you know,knowledge is the power!And I definitly didn't wrote all that there is,remember this is just the basic how to grow guide and you should do fine with it…Grow well!Sorry for the grammar/typing mistakes…If anybody got any questions feel free to ask me…

Attached Files:

2. what are the chances youll get a plant without using fertilizer?

3. hey my seedlings are 2 days old still first stage of seedlings
    ive got 3 and Im gunna be growing outdoors but in pots so they are not too big in
    my backyard.
    currently theyre inside waterbottles with dirt lol under my cfl light
    I guess Ill keep them in my room til they get a foot tall in maybe a month
    you think theyre gunna be bad plants?

4. A charmingly ungrammatical collection of pics nicked from other peoples´ threads.

5. herfpurp27-You can grow plant without any fertilizer just then you get smaler yeld,I dont think that fertilizing can afect levels of thc so youll just get smaler amount of bud...

6. I think that your plants will be ok,dont see reason not to bo good healthy plants...Just be careful about some things-dont let the root become too big for that water bottle and when you remove them in pots make sure u use big pots or deep ones(again becouse of the root,for example plant is easyer to overwater in smaler cups).Try to use some training on your plants if you dont want them to grow too big,read before think to cut tops couse some plants dont respond well to that...

7. I didnt nick them from threads cantharis,I got them on google images and from some seedbank sites grow guides...Newermind as long it helps people.

8. #8 cantharis, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009

Well I have seen ALL your pics in other peoples´ threads. Nothing of your own here.

9. Well like I said I didnt nick them from threads,I took them from google images(midle one male-female)and 2 other pics are from amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com grow guide...I definetly didnt post pictures of my own weed if thats what you mean : )

10. #10 cantharis, Feb 27, 2009

No surprise there then.

11. And your trying to point out what?

12. Can you go by the hairs for time to harvest?

13. #13 jmoney989, Feb 27, 2009
    How do you cure and dry I dont know a lot about harvesting?

Everyone prob gets their pics from image searches!

14. Nugglord_420 posted very very good thread about it so look it up on the forum.And about the pics,exactly :) thnx for understanding...If you dont find post or got any more questions feel free to ask and I'll answer asap.Cheers!

15. I look for color changes of hairs and based on that decide when to harvest.Work well for me from the start(3years,3harvest all nice buds).You can determine in some other(more complicated ways)but this is easyest...