Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do purple strains make you sleepy?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by scates_80, Feb 26, 2009.

1. I was watching super high me that cool movie and the vendor mentioned that "purple strains will put you to sleep" and im about to buy some purple kush but i dont want it to make me drowsy on account of im a mid day smoker.... can someone help me shed some light on this?

2. Don't worry about color, here. Look at the name "Purple Kush." Kush is famous for being 100% indica, meaning it should put you right on your ass. But, chances are, if it's from a dealer, it's not going to be "Purple Kush."

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cool man, thanks for teaching me something new! i guess ill be okay if i get lots of sleep the night before and drink some coffee or some such.

4. No problemo duder.
    :smoke:

5. yea i think most purple strains are downers and knock u out but some strains turn purple when it gets cold so not all purple bud are downers and not all purple strains turn purple

6. I never have grown before, but I have heard that if you deny the plant phosphorus towards the end, it will cause it to turn purple anyways. I am not positive, but maybe someone in the grow section could answer better.

7. Just got some good purple kush actually...wonder if your around me

8. check and see man, central alabama

9. No, I go to school at UW Madison, just a bit north. But its legit purple kush. Its got that kush smell and taste to it. I could take pictures but all I have is my phone so its kinda worthless. Could possibly be the same shit but who knows.:smoking:

10. holy smokes not to bring this from the dead but could this be UW Purp's start?

11. Granddaddy Purple (grown by me) is great sleep smoke..It is the backbone of my grows and I make sure to have some dried bud around always!;)
    I have had strains go purple without my trying and some no matter what I do..never turn..
    Royal Gorilla before the chop. (same cross as GG#4)
    12-16-17 Royal Gorilla Chop Day.JPG