found cure to droopy leaves :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CrapsKing7^11, Feb 25, 2009.

1. hey if you have droopy leaves where there hang and look sick well heres how you cure it.

most people say its overwatered well i had one plant get droopy leaves, then all i did was give it lots of water they came right back up (but i clipped the ones that were real bad).after i cured that one the other 2 plants got droopy did the same with them and there right back up:)

2. Don't think this is exactly the correct solution to every different individual.

3. Underwatering and overwatering can look very much the same but the solutions are very different...

4. Are there other reasons leaves become droopy because my buddies grow and there 4-6 week old plants had some wilting leaves with a couple strains running a 400watthps opened hood shitty reflector so I thought it was due to a temperature fluctuation being at the highest 85...they may have overwatered or underwatered:eek:Who knows but it would be nice if they could figure it out ....plans are an air cooled reflector and more care and details to the watering regiment..

Does anyone know other than weight and putting fingers 1 1/2 - 2" down? Any device that helps or tips on watering?

Sorry if this Is in the wrong section I'm on my phone:smoking:

5. i think this should help you out :wave: Marijuana Watering Tips, How to Water Marijuana - Concept420 - Marijuana Entertainment and Information

6. overwatering.....underwatering....high heat..at night the leaves droop....alot of problems are drainage...top soil dries out but old water sits in bottom of plants fuckin' up the roots..leaves droop....you water cause top is dry...top roots get water...plant perks up for a bit...then it droops...check drainage...my deuce:smoking:

7. this has got to be the worst advice i have read on this forum...nice try!:hello:

8. #8 EmeraldBlades, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Geez I know this post is old but I would agree u all are giving wrong advice...

First you must understand the roots themselves, easy to remember that most of the roots at the top are actually for gathering Co2 and minerals from the soil but mainly air. Weird huh?

The bottom of the roots system is fixated on water and the different nutients from whatever you're feeling it. What is happening to your plants when drooping??

When u feed from a water source and pour water from the top allowing water to Cascade to the lower roots to be obsorbed through a pot, it first has to saturate the soil top to bottom sufficating the roots tying to gather oxygen and minerals at the top of the root system.

No to fear though, when u see signs of droopy leaves, just give the soil a little turn to loosen it up so its not so compact from the water saturation and you should see results within 24 hours. After, buy a watering tray and start watering plants by putting your water into the tray to feed roots from bottom to top. the top soil may look dry but the soil underneath will be fine.

This also makes things more tricky as you'll start to understand the real work it takes to grow these beautiful Bahama momma's lol if u have a hydroponic store in your town or city, they can be very knowledgeable about these things. Or Google

Easy way to Know what sort of watering issue it is, tbh is pretty common sense. Dry, discoloured leaves is lack of water, dropping, almost soggy looking plant is too much water.

Hope this helps :)
    EmeraldBlade