drooping top leaves under HPS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by loudog2008, Feb 25, 2009.

1. So the 600W Hps is hooked up and all the widow plants are doing good, running at about 80 degrees, the oldest(green crack) seems to be producing new growth fast,but the non developed fan leaves at the top drooping, they dont seem to be burning but just drooping,take a look and tell me what you think, the indicas seem to be much more comfortable under the HID light.

Attached Files:

2. anyone??I beleive this is the right section

3. Perhaps over/under watering. From the pics they don't look too bad.

4. Try giving them no water for a day or 2 and see if its because they're over watered. If not, just water them.

5. If you watered the day before this picture, i would say over watering, but if you hadnt watered for a day or two before this picture, i would say water 1 day sooner than your doing right now? If it perks up after you water it, then you know its underwatering too., better to underwater than overwater.

6. Have you a fan blowing on the plants?
    Have you good ventilation?
    And most of all, have you got good drainage through the soil? as they do look to be starved from oxygen (roots).

7. I do have a fan blowing on the plants , i am still waiting on exhaust fan but doing my best to keep temps low. It is not over or under watering, the reason I am asking this is because I had 6 plants under a T5, moved them under the 600W Hps, and this one was the only one that showed any signs of not liking the change, the top fan leaves which are still not fully developed began to completly droop.As I said there was 5 white widow plants half the size that loved the HPS

8. I didn't see any signs of nute burn or deficiency, so I would have to go with a water issue like the others mentioned. My best guess would also be underwatering. Heat issues wouldn't really cause the leaves to droop, just off colored burn spots on the leaves which would be obvious. And the fact that its only happening to one plant also leads me to the underwatering. The only other thing could be a temperature issue (not light burn). If they recover when the lights are off, could be too hot in there.

9. I'll have that happen when I take plants that have been vegging under 400whps & put them in the flower chamber under the 1000whps, if I introduce the new plants to the 1000w slowly, like starting them out not so close to the bulb at first, then moving them closer & closer they dont normally do that. I'll also see that happen some after a transplant.

10. Thanks man I think that is the problem they are just taking some getting used too....As I said before im sure its not an over/underwatering issue but apparently noone read that, hopefully she learns to like it cause the widows love it..

11. It will be fine, you might notice a little bleaching also, in other words the top might turn a slightly lighter green. She will learn to love the hps soon enough.

good luck

12. I wouldnt go over 77 F or 50% Rh in flower. Rule of thumb 18 inches for a 1k HID off the tips of the plants with an osculating fan blowing not on plants but between hoods and tips. With a 600 you could get about 12-14 inches off the top but control the environment first then gauge your light height.

13. Little air lots of heat equals too high Rh....

14. Put your hood too close to the plants and they will droop from heat for sure.