Azamax proper usage? (spider mites)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by erockebomb, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Thanks hawaii

Go get a dehumidifier and let your pots get bone dry in between waterings and you should be fine. Some ppl throw dry sand or perlite on top to speed up the process.

2. When is the best time to apply AzaMax as a foliar application? Morning? Night time?
    Thanks!!!

3. Use azamaz, or any other foliar spray when lights are out.

4. Hey guys, I found this thread because I heard about Floramite on a you tube vid from a grower I think really has his shit together. Then I start reading about it and it may get the job done but sounds like some really harsh shit that should be used VERY carefully if even used at all. Then while researching Floramite I saw the Azamax and it seems to be a really great product if neem treatments won't do the trick, plus I read it is good for a variety of other pest as well a the FUCKING fungus gnats. So the way I see it is its a really good and much safer and cheaper option than the Floramite. I think it will be next on my list when I make my next trip to the nursery or hydro shop. Good luck everyone and keep us posted on your results using these products. Peace.

5. Azamax is good. Can use up until day of harvest. My plants fucking love it. The next day they are shiny green and standing up. 7ml per 16 oz

6. #26 pointswest, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010
    The Aazmax is the best choice for the hard to control outbreaks. Systemic insecticides should be avoided at all costs, because of the mode of action. The No Pest strips are very dangerous to use in living spaces and can be carcinogenic.

After control is accomplished weekly applications of Neem oil and silicone and occasionally insecticidal soap will keep mites under control during vegetative growth. Usually no treatment is needed at flowering with this approach.

You can also try a product called Cinnamite, it is a cinnamon based organic insecticide used for mite control. What ever you choose, you must rotate the applications with different products. Mites have become resistant to many different insecticide and this is becoming a big problem in the horticultural industry, even some of the systemic insecticide are showing signs of resistance.

7. I did pick up some Azamax awhile back and all I can say is damn. It really kicks ass and I use it on all of my plants inside and out. Even my Hibiscus and Persian Palm tolerate it just fine. A+ product.

8. I found some DDT in my grandpa's shed and that stuff works great! Just kidding, but I know it doesn't work for everyone but I got the buggers once, sprayed them with neem and they were gone. Anyway it is natural so you can use it up to a week before harvest.

9. This thread has all the info I needed to find. I found spider mites last night in my flowering room, my guess is that they still have atleast a month to go maybe a little more. Gonna go with the Azamax and some Hot Shot pest strips, gonna spray underside of leaves then do a watering mix of it.

10. I believe if you look at the package your No Pest Strip comes in it will say effective control of flying insects, not mites. If you put a No pest STrip in your room the little basterds will just migrate away from the strip onto uninfected plants. Your best bet is to use a combo of different things, such as using azamax and Pyrethrin, with a drop of soap mixed in.
    Also unless you have a strain of resistant mites; pyrethrins are pretty effective when used 3 times 5 days apart.
    I would save Avid & floramite as a last resort due to their methods of action.
    Also when using organic controls like "Cinnamite" or "Bioganic" or "organicide" or "Mite-X" these products dont effectively kill any mites, rather all they do is drive the mites away from where you sprayed, so they will migrate onto uninfected plants.
    Good Luck - I'd stick with Azamax personally
    Peace
    Proteus

11. Azamax all the way.

12. Did the Floromite dip to a room full of ladies during veg. Waited a few days and then did Azamax spray-down of every girl. Top and bottom of leaves, coco surface, etc. Super clean and super healthy for last 3 weeks. Just flipped 3 nights ago and found mites on 2 diff plants yesterday. Same strain, same side of the room. Hosed down entire room with AzaMax again last night, but just found a few survivors and some eggs. Gonna cut off what I can (5-10 leaves infected max).

I'm assuming that 3 weeks of no mites means I brought them from somewhere else, correct? Considering I sprayed last night is it more effective to wait for the newest eggs to hatch? Or spray again right now? For the most part the girls are killing it. Growing super strong and fast, just want to keep these little bastards to the absolute minimum while not overusing the Aza, which could lead to resistance.

I do not want to go back to Floromite again at all. 60ish days out from harvest.

Am I making any sense? Since Aza doesn't kill eggs, and I don't want them to become resistant?

BTW, I have sprayed aza multiple times now in full lights on with no problem at all. Always below 80* in the room.

13. I did a watering with Azamax at .8% mix ratio, the strongest reccomended on the Azamax bottle and 2 light back to back folier sprays the following 2 days at the lower % mix ratio and sofar in about a week have only seen dead spider mites. Also used a Hot Shots No Pest strip.

14. #34 Mooz, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
    From what I've read, Azamax is kinda iffy; something about stopping the spider mites ability to reproduce but doesn't actually kill the little shits. Please come back and post your results. I have or had a great looking crop but now I'm knee deep in spider mites.
    thanx

15. I have a pretty good looking crop for the first time and have spider mites doing their best to ruin it. Azamax seems to be popular. I have read where Azamax stops the females from reproducing but doesn't kill the little shits. Anybody know for sure??

16. #36 tplat, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011

It works in a number of ways, it supresses the insect`s apetite the point that they starve to death, insect`s fail to mature and reproduce, dont lay eggs on treated plants and works as a repellant. Thats what it says inside the instruction booklet that came with it. My only complaint about Azamax is that it is pricey but other then that the stuff worked great for my plants that were about a month from harvest. I have no regrets buying it and using it and am impressed with how quickly it worked for me, my only complaint is the price.

17. how can you complain about the price 19 bucks for a pest free harvest? Thats just commen sense, Azamax works great, i just use it as a foliar unless its a hard-Core infestation, then i'd use it as a Soil-Drench directly as prescribed in the instruction booklet. You can definately over do it when it comes to using it as a soil-Drench, when over used it can look like over fertilization, shriveled leaves, here is a pic, BTW - i grow organically so its def not over fert or over water, it was from over applying the Azamax as a soil Drench, this is what it looks like, but she is Mite Free. has been for over a month

Attached Files:

18. #38 tplat, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011

The only reason I did both a soil drench and folier spray was the fact that I was about 1 month away from harvest and needed to get rid of them fast before they spread even more and did more damage. I was complaining about the $20.00 for the little bottle because I knew it wasnt gonna be enough for both soil drench and foilier spray for the number of plants I had with spider mites and wanted to buy the bigger bottle but both hydro stores closest to my house that carried it were out of the bigger bottle and being a live in care giver I was short on time the following day after I discovered them so I had to make it a quick trip to get some.

19. hi everyone im new to this site and new to growing. ive been growing my first crop for about three months, i got my first plant at a month and a half old she was infected with spyder mites but the guy gave me a spray bottle w/ neem oil and organic soap. it worked but it was up and down when the three days where up to spray the little shits where full on again! so i heard about aza max at my local hydro store and got 40 ML of the stuff for 10 bucks. so my question is how many ML will i need to do a 3 gal potter planter? i water my plant with 2.5 liters once a week.

20. Depends if you do a foilier spray or soil drench. Foilier spray you use less at one time but can spray your plant with shorter intervals between sprays, a soil drench uses more at one time. I did the soil drench followed by a foilier spray a number of days later, even though it wasnt reccomended I needed to get rid of them fast as my plants had about 1 month left before done flowering. Link below is to the Azamax intructions.

http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/product_labels/AzaMax.pdf