Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and my experience with it's effects on personality...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by crazymonkey, Feb 21, 2009.

1. I understand and acknowledge this fact, for I too have experienced social benefits from this wonderful herb. When I first started using weed, I found myself becoming a much more outgoing and social person. I became more open to others and less hesitant in my actions. For this I am deeply grateful, though, I no longer need pot to achieve this. I now believe it was me and my friends' abuse of the drug that lead to the detrimental effects I'm seeing, yet I recognize that pot in responsible amounts can be a great tool for social interaction. It can be a gift or a curse, depending on how you handle and react to it.

2. I mostly agree with you here. however, I personally don't think people should use MJ primarily as a social enhancer. It enhances many aspects of life, however like it has already been said being blazed around a bunch sober people is not a really good idea.. They're going to laugh when you slip up and say something out of the ordinary or try to get them to understand you're latest philosophical idea.

I personally smoke on weekends only, occasionally one day out of the week I might toke up. Though I have had great experiences by doing this in multiple ways.

1) I have a low tolerance and get pretty blazed each session.
    2) I have no responsibilities on the weekends and can simply enjoy my highs with much relaxation.
    3) I hang out with the people I smoke with afterwords so we all can be blazed together. Usually we'll smoke before we go out to parties and when we get there most people are drunk (which is hilarious) and while people usually know we're high they're cool with it and I don't see any difference in being social. I love having a conversation with a drunk person at a party, I usually can't take my smile off my face the entire conversation.

Lastly, as a wise man once said, "Smoking the herb reveals you to yourself" - Bob Marley.

I really think you can find out more about yourself when you're blazed than when you're high. It's just a matter of paying closer attention and thinking more in depth.

If you haven't read my entire post, I really suggest not quitting completely, but try to smoke only on weekends. I've had a great experience with MJ doing just that. :)

3. #23 SlimmBlueSkins, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    I thank you for posting this topic , every comment has helped , marajuana has took over my life , i have forgot who i was , i dont realy talk to anyone anymore , i spoke to everyone and could make a proper conversation but with smoking everyday and every single pound i get it goes to a bit of weed without a doubt , i regret even trying it , if you could comment and give some tips on 'how to stay of it' and 'why it has changed my funny personality' ive not laughed in ages and cant realy make sence ingeneral . T . Got to admit At first it was amazing but at this age , still a teen , and all this going on in my head is not good atall

4. #24 Dcjeff, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    You said it in the first sentance.  The world is full of people, moslty young, who think their idea, or awakening, NEEDS to be shared with the world.  It gets tiresome.  This is an open forum however so irritate away young Prince of knowlege.

Edit to add: The difference between informative and irritating is "I am" vs. "You should".

5. I've never thought of weed as a negative on my social life, in fact i know i'm more enjoyable when im high. But with academics, it definatly did not help. i can't even sit down and focus to study while high. ANd i haven't gone a week without smoking since i started but this is something i will consider OP.

Some people are more interested in advancing their social life more than academic or vice versa. It's all what's important to you.  

6. This thread came at a great time in my life! I recently got into trouble with the authorities for possession. Although the dust has basically settled, it has definitely been pushing me to think about my marijuana use and the consequences of it on my academic life, social life, work life, etc. I'm about to start a month tolerance break--I'll definitely post an occasional update. I'm sort of hoping to learn a lot about myself in the process! 

:smoke: 

7. Yo, I smoke quite a bit but I don't abuse it. I'll have one after work before I go to bed if I don't feel tired, or maybe I'll go out and have a couple with some mates. But I think the only way it can take traits and personality away from someone is if you let it. I dunno, my life hasn't' changed much since I started.

8. More social. Easier to talk too. Buuutt immmm waaaayyy sllooowwweerr whheeeennn iimmmmm taaaalllllkkiinnng.