Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The truth about eating marijuana, RAW

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Perihelion, Feb 20, 2009.

1. It's a complete waste of weed, some of it may be decarboxylised, but not much at all will be. It's like trying to eat cocain. You can do it and you'll experience some effects but nowhere near what you would if you ingested it correctly.

Humans have THC receptors in them because we produce for anti-inflammatory purposes, not because of some fluke of nature randomly giving them to us.

2. i did the same reasearch on hemp and marijuana. i came to find that if you eat cannabis you can get a mineral that is not found in any other plant on earth! this mineral is very good for the human body. As you said its like a puzzle why we have Cannabanoid receptors in our brains when the only THC on the planet it found in placed within the beautiful flowers of the cannabis plants. even if you don get a temporary high from eating the plant, maybe you get an amazing permanent feeling from eating the plant raw satisfying our cannabanoid receptors and getting that dose of minerals that we otherwise never would get.

Just some things to think about.
    Toke in peace.

3. Hash is waaay denser than bud.. Think about food..A half ounce of something solid is not that much. thats a little more than an oreo cookie

4. Eating hash should get you high, because isn't hash heated in the process? If so, then the THC should be heat-activated already.

5. Annndddd this mineral is calledd....?

6. I ate weed once and it didn't get me high at all.

7. #47 jerzilla, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
    im not sure about needing to have "built in"/specific receptors to feel the effects of an external substance.

animals can get high too.

what if i injected your veins with bleach? do you need bleach receptors to feel that?

8. #48 User Name:, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
    Our brain has cannabanoid receptors to absorb the natural cannabanoids we produce that deal with memory. When you get high THC bumps our natural ones out of the way causing short term memory loss.

Aka, use google more often.

EDIT: I just looked at how old this thread is... *fails*

9. I ate a bud one time and was really annoyed with myself that I didn't smoke it. It tasted decent, I guess.

10. i tried it 3 hrs ago for you. it works, but you have to eat a-lot!!! and it makes you gag when your smollowing it raw. it isn't like a regular high though, its just a giggly feeling. not like a regular high, less than i was expecting. :(

11. i dont think it is as efficient as cooking it, and its kind of a waste but it will probably get you high, i ate a gram one time and nothing really happened

12. Ha, this is absolutely and categorically wrong. the human bodies have cannabanoid receptors. After thousands of years of evolution and our use of the Cannabis plant we have evolved chemicals in our brains that react with the THC. Are you a nutritionist a doctor? how do people get by making statements without knowing. first read a book, than if you cant read watch National geographic... If that fails.. sorry.:hello:

13. you have to heat the weed....aka burn it....u cant eat a nug and get high all this talk is non sense ...

14. Once again another un merited opinion. We have seen numerous discussions on this subject, just because you have knowledge gained from some transcendent source. Experience tells us eating raw works. I.E. smuggle a large amount than eat it to hide evidence, and somehow these people get high? are you saying they cook it before the cops pull them over... thats nonsense. it is proven that cooking it, and using fat, i.e. butter milk helps bring out the potency. Get the facts straight before you give everyone misleading info. many articles are written on the net, dont believe the net - goto your library... damn stoners read a book.:cool:

15. No that is false, I can tell you why it is in one sentence. If that were true then people in areas that have not traditionally smoked weed, would be lacking these receptors.

16. Lol, heat causes a chemical reaction in the plant which makes it Psychoactive.
    Weed without heat is just a "POTENTIAL" high.
    Of course, a dog can eat weed raw and get high, because they have an enzyme in their stomachs that is capable of causing that "Split." We don't...

17. You're absolutely and categorically wrong. The cannabinoid receptors are there because the body produces it's own cannabinoids. They have nothing to do with 'evolving' due to cannabis use. It's just a happy coincidence that we have them and that phytocannabinoids tickle them. Take your own advice and study before making false statements.

18. Not to say you're wrong, but how can you presume that we didn't evolve with the Cannabis plant? In the grand scheme of things, a coincidence so incidental might not be so incidental at all...
    From a biological standpoint, evolving from a single celled organism to a multi-billion celled organism, who's to say that our brains Cannabinoid recepter gene didn't branch off in our earliest stages of evolution, to create the thriving Cannabis Species? For a Psychoactive plant to be consumed by humans with almost no Toxic response at all seems TOO INCIDENTAL.

19. Many reasons. There are cannabinoid receptors in species such as the sea urchin, whose evolution predated the cannabis plants, or terrestrial plants at all. Then there's the fact that the endocannabinoid system of humans as well as other animals are used for specific bodily functions such as pain control and immune system modulation. Then there are the many studies that have been done. I'll leave the library and online search work for you as homework.

It would be far more likely that cannabis evolved it's phytocannabinoids as a way to get animals to make use of it and propagate it, and even that doesn't have much evidence to support it.

Then there is the fact that there is no evidence at all of cannabis use by genus homo prior to 10 or 20 thousand years ago. Our brains evolved to close to their current state most likely (of course we can't be sure about anything with regards to our early ancestors, not 100%) before we discovered the psychotropic nature of the plant.

There is more of course, but again I'll leave that to you. I know what I know and I'm not really here to do everyone's research for them ;)

We did not evolve cannabinoid receptors to use cannabis. It's just a happy coincidence. Of course all life is enmeshed in various levels of co-evolution, but all of the current evidence says we already had cannabinoid receptors when we discovered the effects of the plant. Think about this: if we didn't already have said receptors why would we have used it in the first place? I'm pretty sure our ancestors didn't say "Let's start eating and smoking this stuff. In a few thousand years our descendants will get high from it!" :laughing: