What's for dinner?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by oldskoolgrower, Feb 19, 2009.

1. I guess....

It sure as hell isn't balanced.

2. No it's not; it lacks grains and protein, but not every meal needs to be 'balanced'. What's more important is what one eats over the span of several days.

3. Or what someone eats before their body goes into REM cycle.

4. Several days?
    Aren't there daily recommendations of consumption amounts of the different food groups?

5. Yes but if the numbers add up over a 2-3 day period with regards to total requirements it's just fine. It's easier to make sure you get everything you need each day though.

6. Tonight:
    Flounder stuffed with crab meat and topped with Hollandaise Sauce
    Lightly braised baby spinach with sliced mushrooms and sweet mayan onion
    Jasmine rice pilaf with fresh herbs and roasted pine nuts

7. Its Friday so... Beer and/or whiskey.

8. I have a nice bottle of Riesling to go with dinner, but I'll be switching to a nice Dopplebock after.

9. Well, I guess food will happen instead of just the liquid I was going for. My mother came home with some McDonald's...

[​IMG]

10. I just picked up some stuff for Burritos and black beans and rice... Boiling the water right now

11. Tonight we had sirloin steak tips with mushrooms, cumin potatoes, peas and homemade naan.

12. home made pizza

13. Just finished eating some dank ass Sonic

Chicken Club Toaster nom nom:hello:

14. My roommate and I just finished grilling some dank pork chops with old bay seasoning. I think I grill too much.

15. #56 DJchronic2, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    Im starting to think its gonna be this in a couple hours, but i might eat some of the spaghetti from last night.
    [​IMG]
    not really that many,id be on the toilet for the next 3 days.

16. Sounds yummy. I haven't made naan in awhile. Good idea.

17. heated up the deep frier, cut up some potatoes and made some chicken fingers and fries.

18. Lol someone has the munchies, I had subway for dinner a 12" chicken pizzilo

19. i had half of one of those italian oven toasted subs from dominos...mmmmm