Crib Notes - Best Vaporization Temperatures

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Matt Mernagh, Feb 12, 2009.

1. If i put some fresh sticky bud in my vape at 370 it cherries and i get this harsh, shitty almost plastic yellow smoke. Now if i knock it down to like 300 its a thin stream of tasty thc and much better on your lungs. But I have a 130$ vape not a volcano so I cant compare.:eek:

2. It actually depends more on the vaporizer than what substance you are putting in. Don't get me wrong, obviously the temperature at which it will vaporize is pretty much about it, but lots of vaporizer owners notice that they don't always vape at the same temperature.

For example, My brother has a non-name brand vaporizer (nothing wrong with it) that he sets at 320-330 and gets the full vapor.

Friend of mine who lives about an hour away has to have his above 370 to start getting vapor.

My old dealer had 2 vaporizers, both different units, he sets 1 at 410 for the ideal temperature, and the other hovers around 340 and does very well.

This leads me to the conclusion that it's not just the difference in substances (or strains for that matter) but the units themselves also play a roll in ideal temperatures for vaporizing weed.

3. I don't know what the deal is with temperatures in vaporizers, but I have a Vapor Brothers vaporizer and I have it set to 312 degrees. It works great for me.

4. #24 VINDICATED, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2009
    I noticed no one is bringing up the location of the sensor. For example, I'm dispensing my Rx using the Extreme Vape by Arizer. The sensor isn't reading the temperature of the bud or the bowl, rather it's reading the air right before it hits the material.

This "misreading" causes the temperature display to be off by 5-10 degrees compared to the Volcano.* Now you could argue day & night as to what's the best location for the sensor, but what's really more important to realize is the differences each unit actually has.

Things I've found that could effect the temperature or tempaerature read out include: distance of heating element to material, bowl design, airflow, ambient temperature, brand of sensor, location of sensor as mentioned earlier, and of the cannabis material itself (content of moister, leaf mass, TCH, etc). Not an exhausted list, but you get the idea.

For me, I never found a golden setting. Each sample I receive needs to be slightly adjusted. I have my baseline setting as a starting point, but I almost never stick to it. Sometimes I also change it mid-way through. Maybe I want more or less, etc.

And this isn't particle physics. Your not splitting atoms. Pick a temp, inhale, and enjoy yourself. After 2-3 bowls, you'll figure it out.

*My own guestimates.

5. You can always start at a lower temperature and just up the heat before it combusted...this way you will be vaporizing everything if you truly want to.

6. Just got the arizer and extreme vape.
    Very impressed.
    For anyone looking for a bag type vape with out the $600 tag check it out.
    Arizer extreme vaporizer.

If you scan the internet you will find nothing but good things.
    my 2 cents
    Peace

7. I would totally do this with my boxer.

but once he found it he would probably eat it and then i would be fucked because theres no way i could catch his ass.

hes to damn fast.

8. Definatly subscribing to this! :hello: