Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BHO vs QWISO hash

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LoveIsTruth, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ...isn't that why we purge it?

2. Ive had QWISO before, but my friend smoked me up for free on it. However, I plan on growing this summer, and using the trimmings to make hash. I'm going to make QWISO for sure, idk about BHO, but I'm really excited, and @OP, hashmoufs guide seems SUPER helpful, I'm DEFINETLY going to be using it.

3. You act like purging takes out all the butane.
    I could find honeycomb vac purged bho and would still sizzle when I dab=butane traces.

That's why there's solventless supermelts. They sell them for 35/a gram and its ice wax made with ice water. Tastes damn good too.

But other than that, I feel bho will always have trace amounts of tane. If I buy wax, it has to be from a lab tested wax. Like this, from my local dispense..
    http://sclabs.com/index.php?option=com_scl_tested&task=sample&Itemid=359&sample=130129V059

4. not really true. I cant remeber the last time i made qwiso and had it take more than 10 minutes to get a smoke-able product. I normally do my thing with the alchohol then it goes into a pyrex baking dish then gets nuked in intervals with fanning. voila, fast easy qwiso.

5. without a vacuum to purge in, most people using alcohol or butane should evaporate with heat for at least 24 hrs imo.

6. That was a genuine question, I'm sure some people are biased but I'm no chemist. Thanks for the info :smoke:

7. Well Ill throw in my two cents...
    Just made QWISO for the first time, and I cant imagine a more straightforward process...

With that in mind, I havent tried bubble or BHO, but nonetheless... ISO is a breeze

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op5ix2Npuik"]MY FIRST TIME MAKING QWISO[/ame]

8. Both are safe to consume if purged properly and for the right amount of time. Because butane is more non-polar then alcohol i feel it does extract more thc and less chlorophyll then qwiso.

In my experience bho has always had more flavor and has always gave me a better kick then qwiso not bashing on qwiso or anything because it is relatively easy to make and the supplies are more available then that of bho

9. Good curren$y beats man. Looks pretty good how did it smoke?

10. Bubble hash ftw especially if youre thinkin bout makin bho and dont know what youre doing.theres so many explosions goin on.shits gettin bad

11. Okay, so I tried making ISO hash oil tonight. We used 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. Ground up about 8 grams of commercial, put it in a coffee filter and washed it 3 times with the Iso, using the same Iso for every wash. did the evap with a cast iron pan , water and a hot plate, with the iso wash in a glass pan sitting in the water. My question is, WHy does mine come out Dark green instead of honey colored like i have seen in other posts here. Also, we tried the same method with everclear in the wash and got the same results?

12. It smoked well. I actually am still smoking off of it cause my glass nail broke and I just got a Ti nail yesterday. So I'm back dabbin lol but yeah man it's smokin. Especially for a mid extract. Makes me wanna try with some purp or something.

But yeah man, Spitta is always consistent.

13. Mine came out dark as well. This isn't necessarily bad but it suggests that there is a lot of chlorophyll and plant matter in the mix. How long were your washes? Try to keep em under 30 seconds. The longer the plant matter is in contact with the alcohol the more chlorophyll and other matter will be dissolved by the alcohol. THC dissolves pretty quick, which is why the call it quick wash ISO

14. Do you think it's better to run the same iso through the material more than once? Do you think you actually pick up more thc in the second and third run? Curious because I'm running some right as I type this. So I'm going to run it once unless someone pops on and says otherwise.

15. I've done several runs before. You'll get oil. But as to the potency, you will likely be losing some.

16. quick question, sorry. no time to run through the chat and find the answers. im sure there in there somewhere but anyway i was wondering what some names of iso and or denatured alcohols that you use. ive called home depot and they had two cans one said denatured clean burning/ glass cleaner(blue/red tin) and the other was .... idk i forgot. but i was just wondering? if anyone could tell me anything about using something stronger than 91% iso but still in that catagory. no butane. no everclear. ???? PLEASE HELP!!!