Post your Organic Tea Recipe!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by cannabisblunt, Feb 6, 2009.

1. #1901 Grows&Smokes, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    Yes, I am growing organically....did you even read my post? Or were you in such a hurry to spread your all-knowing wisdom on me that you didnt?

Im well aware quanity doesnt always mean quality....im not out for a bigger harvest...but i wouldnt sneeze at it either.

I give 75% of my stuff away to family and friends....so more just means id have more organic goodness to spread around.

Im not out to fight or be a dick to anyone....so theres no need for you to go all " Organic Snob" on my ass....all I did was ask a legit question...but apparently, this wasnt the place to ask it.

2. if you have a well balanced soil then let her run. Check what you end up with and adjust accordingly. No sense in adding something your not sure is needed. K.I.S.S.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Hey waktoo.....sorry about going off on ya like that.....I was only wondering if there's anything I could do to maybe add a little goodness for the flowers .....I have a full time job...kids...grandkids....I don't get a lot of time to spend in my garden...so I was looking for something quick that I could do....I'm really loving the organics since I started a few years ago...but there's still ALOT I don't know haha..the more I read I doubt anything worth giving your soil is done quickly....just wondering though.

4. Thanks lilJ! :wave:

I figure I'm just used to having to add shit when I was using pre-mixed bagged soil ya know? Im sure i'll be good with my mix...it seems to get better the older it gets and i really like that....guess im just a little bored growing organically .....nothing to do when I do get some time but to just LITFA lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #1905 Grows&Smokes, Jul 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

While I'm still here....may as well show you my organic scrog :)

Got these seeds from a breeder friend in Oregon...its called "Dark City Diesel" (Blue City Diesel x Blackwater)

I'm going to try that next.

7. #1907 Grows&Smokes, Jul 19, 2014
    Go for it....its a lot of fun...and it will boost your harvests:)

8. #1908 waktoo, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014

No worries.

I was commenting based on the ingredients list that you used for a "tea" application.  As you have them for tea application, I would assume that those ingredients are actually in your soil? 

If those amendments are in your soil, and said soil was properly cycled prior to planting in,  making "tea" from those materials is not going to realize any quick "bud fattening" nutrients.  Proper nutrient cycling takes time.  The magic should already be in your soil.  Trying to increase yield by over fertilization (regardless of source) only serves to create foods and herbs that are deficient in the beneficial phytochemicals that they naturally produce.  It's all about balance...

9. That's a great answer ....and yes, those ingredients and more are in my original mix. Sometimes i look at my plants and think holy shit, they look great...but i also feel that i could always do better no matter what it is I'm doing .. ..you know what i mean im sure...i guess i just need to chill and enjoy what ive got going.

Thank you waktoo..enjoy your weeekend :wave:

10. Ay, G&S- have ya ever tried a soil drench with aloe vera, coconut water, or a sprouted seed tea (sst)?

Good remedy for LITFA boredom lol...

Topdressing is pretty harmless too if you wanted to do that.

11. #1911 Grows&Smokes, Jul 19, 2014
    Howdy Thomas :wave:

No...ive never given my soil coconut water...but ive given myself coconut milk...wasnt bad..but in my mind shouldve been better lol....you would think Coconut Milk and Chocolate chips cookies would be an orgasmic combination...but i only achived semi-hard status lol ...just messing with ya dude....thanks for the tips...I was thinking of doing an EWC topdress just to use them while they're still nice and moist....so ill just go ahead with that.

Cant wait til you start your journal again bro :)

Always a pleasure talking with you.

12. #1912 donothinggardening, Jul 19, 2014
    Lol! Yeaahh I'm not crazy about the flavor of coconut water or milk lol. Coconut water is a littler different from the milk. It comes from young green coconuts... which are actually embryos, so you can imagine all of the enzymes and other goodies are in there ready to get life processes going. There is also high levels of salicylic acid (SA) in coconut water--this is the plant hormone that is found in willow shoots and is why those are recommended for cloning--it aids in root development. SA is also a trigger for a plant's "immune system" called Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR). On top of the SA, coconut water also has high levels of the Indole Acetic Acid (IAA) and Indole Butyric Acid (IBA)--these are the plant hormones found in commercial cloning products like Clonex, Olivia's, Root Tone etc. Lol and it doesn't stop.. there are a lot of cytokinins in coco water which aid with cell division (cytokinesis is the last stage of mitosis). Giberellins, enzymes, amino acids, plant hormones... this stuff is serious business. If you search the term "coconut water" in my thread, you can see the drastic effect this stuff can have. Leaves pray like a mofo lol.

Aloe vera has basically all of the same goodies and high levels of saponins which work as a wetting agent as well as triggering SAR.

SST's are just teas made from sprouting seeds like barley, corn, alfalfa, mung etc. These are essentially emzyme teas. AW's SK1 seems to be getting healthier with the help of SST (actually malted grains.... same idea).

Topdressing is always safe IMO. A topdress of compost, ewc and light amounts of kelp, crab n neem should do it. LD often called these three items, in equal parts, his "fix it mix".

Hopefully this grow will be as successful (or hopefully even better!) than the last one. I'm excited too. And glad to have ya along for the ride :D

Sorry for the super rant lol

13. #1913 theBIGnaud, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    [deleted]

14. little something you can add to your soil mix to eliminate the need for an aact.. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVe0Pa-x9p8

15. I've been brewing teas for a minute..Im now interested I airlift teas ..has any1 built one or have plans for one ?

16. #1916 Kesey, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    Gibberelins in flower? Maybe veg..

Also you're recommending chitosan in addition to gibberelins as a top dress? Do you have any experience with this causing foxtailing? Terpene development? I'm still new to growth regulators so tell me if I'm wrong please lol, especially as it relates to prolonging flower

17. #1917 Lemonfox69, Apr 18, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    Bump... Would love to see what people have simplified down to using today as compared to those days, and if any of these older teas are still being used by some and why. I have found over the years with organic growing and natural farming that (less is indeed more). I love all the different teas and ideas.

I had an idea to mix a handful or two of comfrey and dandelion with a neem/kelp tea every 3 - 4 weeks.
    SST is still a staple and FPJ with whatever I have growing comfrey, dandelion, nettle ect..

Kinda miss how active the organic forums were back then, I think 2012 - 2016 was absolute fire!

18. Strange but I’ve taken a liking to chamomile tea for plants as a fert for calcium in tea and foilar

Chamomile contains sources of calcium, potash, and sulfur, and as such is good for preventing damping off and many other fungal issues. Pour 2 cups (473 ml.) of boiling water over ¼ cup (59 ml.) chamomile blossoms (or you can use chamomile tea). Let steep until cool, strain, and place in spray bottle.
    It's also a natural insecticide for unwanted bugs like aphids, but won't harm bees. You can also use chamomile tea as an organic fertilizer for plants, similar to how I use comfrey tea in the garden.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1