Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Soldering irons...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Myth, Feb 5, 2009.

1. So I decided to give my soldering iron a try today. Only problem is that it has been used before and has traces of solder stuck to the tip. I'm assuming this is probably not a good thing health-wise. Do you think it would be ok if I just let it heat up and get as much of that off as I can? (I'm hoping most of it will melt off) Is there any way I can guarantee it safe to ignite bud with, or would it just be better at this point to buy a new one?

2. When it gets hot you can get all the solder off

3. It's been heated and what not. I don't see anything that appears to be stuck on the tip, but it does have some silvery looking places on it. Think it should be good?

4. what????yea,im lost.what exactlly are u gonna do with the soldering iron and the bud...step by step...

smurf :confused:

5. You replace your butane lighter with a flame-less soldering iron. Less THC wasted.

6. When its cool you can get some sandpaper and sand the solder off and make the tip shiny again. Then just clean it off and should be good to go.

7. You're only suppossed to use the soldering iron with the ceramic tip in it's core. Assuming it's a ceramic tipped unit. You'll need to take off the outer, metal piece.

8. Solder has a lotta lead...that would be horrible for you to use to light bowls.

What kinda soldering iron are you tryin?

9. yeah man...what are u doing. u need a ceramic core soldering iron and take it apart to light with the CERAMIC part...not a metal tip!

lead is SUPER harmful (hence we don't use lead paint anymore), i hope u didnt use it to toke already....

10. no I decided it was more trouble than it was worth.

11. It may work, But i have such a retarded image in my head of some guy with a bowl in one hand and a fuckin soldering iron in the other which he is bringing towards the bowl.