growing outdoor in wisconsin possible?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by daswA C, Jan 30, 2009.

1. I was just wondering if growing in the wisconsin climate is even possible for outdoors and if it is when should i start planting?

2. Yes its possible... After it stops frosting

3. will tomatoes grow? why wouldnt u be able to grow there?

4. There's lots of good pot grown a hellava lot farther north than Wisconsin. Just plant after all danger of frost is past. It's MUCH better to get clones to put out as this gives you a headstart and you arn't wasting time and space on males.

5. Northern Climates like Wisconsin are perfect for growing herb. The only problem is the season is short so you have to choose your strains wisely. Some of the best bud in the world comes from northerly places.

6. Or start them off indoors first. If I lived in a cooler clime I would definitely have a greenhouse, with frosted glass for security, and heating to extend the season at both ends.

7. The great thing about growing in Northern climates--like from where I am on up--is that we don't get those extended periods of intense heat that make growth slow to a crawl. Originally I'm from Maine, and let me tell you I grew some killer outdoor up there--all local strains--that surpassed anything I have grown since. Summer days almost never topped 85, but usually more like 75 to 80. At night the temps went down to the mid to high 50s--low sixties. Perfect IMO. But yes, a greenhouse would have allowed for a quicker start to the season for sure. It's a little cool in the spring up there, and sometimes we still got some very chilly weather all the way into the end of June.

8. Yes,weeds grow great in WI. Just get the correct strains and no worries mate!

9. Hey Dank....Im living in New Hampshire and want to order one of the 5 packs from green house seeds. All of the strains will be female, is an ending period of "early october" alright...or am I pushing it there? I've lived here all my life and can remember some cold nights late september...think I'll be okay?

10. I grew up in that area and I would def. get a strain that was done in september... I remember having snow in Oct. :eek:

11. Try to get one that has a September finish if you can. Remember stated finishing times are for holland--not the Northern USA. So expect to finish two weeks later than what the breeder puts in the specs--maybe more. However, an early October strain might finish. It depends on the season. If you remember a couple of years back we didn't get a frost until nearly November in the Northeast.