Text Messege ARRESTED

Discussion in 'General' started by bcustom28k, Jan 29, 2009.

1. So a couple of weeks ago one of my friends told me abt his friend in a nearby town getting arrested or something like that for texting about dealing, and sending pics of buds.

Then today my dad told me that kids have been getting caught for this alot recently.

Im a big texter, things like..... kush - 65 or a location to meet.

After hearing these storys i am def going to cool it down, but is there any truth to this, I wouldnt think a text alone could make u guilty.

2. the piggies would need to get a warrent to search ur txt msg b4 they can make an arresst

3. yea if they didnt have a warrent than that shit wouldnt hold up in court. arnt we supposed to feel safe in our homes? and not be affraid of the police? isnt that in the consitution? shits fucked up...

4. Doesn't matter, your text messages are only tracked by your phone (when you leave them on and don't delete them), or by your service provider, which would only occur if your parents requested it for parental control.

5. if the popos have a warrant they could hit up verizon or whoever and get the logs

6. either way, it's easier to just phone about it. you're probably less likely to be wiretapped than you are to have your texts monitored.

7. Around here we don't like to talk on the phone, and if we do its just like maybe you should swing by or you kno anything good. I guess since the penalties for possession are fucking ridiculous around here, people are safer about shit like that.

8. I've always wondered about that. Thanks for shedding some light on the topic.

9. A cell phone is a treasure trove for cops. That's how they have taken out some of the biggest pushers because some dumb ass had all these detailed texts. What are these guy going to say. "They got me from an unlawful search"? They'll say true, were just investigating leads and conducted an investigation based on that? Its a no win...
    Be cool

10. I have a code for everyone of the dealers I use so it just looks like normal conversation

11. I'm sure the cell phone company has a privacy policy against this unless they have a warrant.

Unless they got verbal/written permission from you to search your phone, that's probably illegal.

haha I try to do this but some people are just straight retarded.

Like asking for half a cookie. Some people are just like huh?

12. #12 PennLaxPlayer, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009

I guarentee somewhere theres whole copies of every single text message you've sent/ then deleted.

Just because it's deleted off you're phone doesn't mean theres isn't a copy of it laying around.

And as stated above if they get to the point where they have a warrent to search you're texts. Then you've already drawn attention to you're-self beyond the point of repair.

Edit: If you get arrested for another crime you're phone is now the cops playground. My connect got arrested for larsony and then ended up getting intent to distribute charges after a cop flipped through his phone.

Basicly if you're going to get arrested and there is texts on you're phone.... you'd be better off throwing you're battery as far as you can.

13. i do all my texting on pay as u go phones and i just get a new one every few months keeps me safe and I dont even think those texts become tracked anyways.

14. Hell they don't need to even do that thanks to George Bush's Patriot act. Stupid mother fucker, allows easy access to any data transferred over a US network without a warrant.

15. got texaresseted?

fuuuuuuuck

16. one exception to this is The RIM Blackbery PIN messages.
    It goes straight from your phone to theres.
    No logging or anything.

17. What don't people get about this? It has to go through cell phone towers, sattelites, ect...

I guarentee they copy you're message and store it incase the connection gets lost and it has to re-send it. Or just for the simple fact the company wants to keep records of every text for billing purposes.

It doesn't matter about burner phones either unless you pay all cash and send you're money to the company from mailboxes with no return adress.

Didn't you guys even hear about the AT&T scandel? They had a box in a top security room that, for all instensive purposes, copied anything and everything it's customers searched for, uploaded, downloaded, and anything else while using thier service.

Just because you have rights doesn't mean anyone is actualy caring about them :laughing:

18. Text messages get stored for a period of time and can be retrieved. Phone calls are not recorded and can't be without a court order.

Texting your dealer is NEVER a good idea. Better safe than sorry.

19. #19 PennLaxPlayer, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009

Ya, people have texted me saying "Hey I just picked up." and I'll just text back "What the fuck are you talking about?" and they get the message and call me shortly after.

I'm not risking financial aid, my family, my reputation in my community, and everything else just for someone elses convienence.

20. I didn't have that problem when I was a kid and dealing...we used smoke signals back then. It was so nice when they finally invented writing so we could send messages carved on pieces of bark...and when they finally came up with the telegraph then telephone I was like OMG this is incredible!