Jump to content

Does arthritis qualify?

  • by chris'59
  • Jan 23 2009 09:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • This topic is locked
  • Registered User

  • Pip
  • chris'59
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

I have psoriatic arthritis - fairly severe, chronic joint pain and stiffness. Two questions 1) would this condition qualify for medical marijuana in California, or any other state and 2) If I went to one of those states could I get a perscription? (I live in New York). Any thoughts or ideas would be welcomed.
Replies (7)

  • Jazz Cat

  • Ekibiogami
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

I would think so but honestly couldn't tell you 100%.

Welcome to Grasscity, btw!

  • Registered User

  • PipPipPip
  • Matt Mernagh
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

yes more certainly. though u will need a doctor's note or have them fill out an application. oregon for sure. i was just researching their gov't program.

  • Registered User

  • Pip
  • chris'59
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for getting back to me.
What documentation would I need in Canada?

  • Revolution

  • MakaveliArts
  • Bronze Member
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hey, these are the ares in US where Medical Cannabis is Legal:

Alaska | California | Colorado | Hawaii | Maine | Maryland | Michigan | Montana | Nevada | New Mexico | Oregon | Rhode Island | Vermont | Washington

Source: Norml.org

I have no knowledge about how to get Medical Cannabis in Canada, but I am sure you would have to be a legal citizen.

I am positive psoriatic arthritis is a sufficient enough to qualify for Medical Cannabis in California.

Here is a site that has tons of info:


  • From the year 1488...

  • 420gamer4life
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

You cannot just go on vacation there, get your card, return to new york and think your all set. You need to be a resident to get your card.

  • Very Old School Stoner

  • Storm Crow
  • Old School
  • 12,281 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:51 AM

In California, residency is a requirement, as is a photo ID. It is not a prescription, it is a recommendation. Recommendations are not transferable even between most MMJ states (remember to get that written into your state's future MMJ law!) and certainly not to non-MMJ states.

In California, you will qualify, almost every one does. If you do move here (1) bring a copy of your recent medical records- these make the process go much faster and easier! (2) the day you get a place to live, go to the DMV and get a driver's license or California ID. (3) Check NORML for a list of friendly cannabis specialists. (4) Get the doctor to write your personal limits (number of plants and ounces) on your recommendation! The law is changing but the doctor's recommendation on amounts still tops any other state or county limits :D, but not federal. :(

And speaking of federal, have you told President Obama- How you feel about the DEA raid today? Why you think cannabis should be, at least, medically legal in ALL states? How cannabis prohibition hasn't worked, isn't working, and never will work and is a big waste of my tax dollars!

Did you know that cannabis has been the number ONE question asked of Obama? We have to keep it that way! Don't let up! A CNBC poll yesterday came up with 97% in favor of decriminalization! We are on a roll- just gotta keep telling it to Obama! Make it so he can't ignore us. Here's where to gripe!


Granny :wave:

Edited by Storm Crow, 24 January 2009 - 02:59 AM.

  • Registered User

  • Pip
  • chris'59
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for your help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users