Bananas showing up on buds! help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kryptic, Jan 21, 2009.

1. These are two bagseed plants that are 7 weeks into flower under a 400 watt hps. I recently started seeing bananas forming on the buds. What should i do? Is my bud going to be full of seeds and should i harvest now? heres some pictures any help is appreciated.

In the last picture you can see a banana.

Attached Files:

2. :eek:WTF is that! i never seen anything like that, either you have a new species altogether or someone is sick with photoshop

3. nah i suck at photoshop haha. anyone else?

4. Ive seen pictures of this on here before, don't know what to do about it though. This has not happened to me yet... Im sure somebody on here will help you out, 7weeks in, I think I would ride it out.
    PS, great picture for those who have not seen one before.

Good luck

5. maybe your going bananas.

hahahaha.

6. #6 Kryptic, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
    haha bananas is not the thing i want to be going right now!

Any experienced growers have any advice? this will be my first harvest and i would like it to be succesful.

7. You said that is at 7 weeks
    maybe it is over maturing and becoming a hermie
    Looks Great Though Nice Job

8. I didnt know they did that from over maturing but the trichromes are still clear turning cloudy but no amber trichs yet. Will these litle bananas release pollen?

9. Id say eat em with some vanilla wafers.
    Maybe youll get high

10. bud looks sick, i'd harvest and cut your losses. i'm sure you won't be complaining.

11. cant see much from most of the pics but on that last one; yep their male flowers. You can try and cut as many as u can out of the plant. Not exactly sure how long theyve been maturing, but if your gonna keep growing that baby youd wanna remove as many as possible a.s.a.p. or else you'll have some pretty seedy weed. Either way though grow looks excellent for your first good job. Try train a few of them fan leaves under the buds so the buds get more light would be my only advice other than cutting out the male pollen sacs.
    I had these develop on 3 plants in my last grow, happened late in flowering though due to moving em 9 times in 2 weeks fluctuating lights, temps etc etc, real mess lol. Got everything harvested perfect though, only found 3, completely undeveloped seeds altogether so delighted. Weed seems perfect so far (havent smoked but its curing and looking/smelling lovely :D. Good luck

12. Thanks Grim thats the kind reply i like to hear. I'm ready to get my next grow on with. I have mazarand Laughing Buddha clones ready to go, so for this bagseed this will be the end of the road. I'll most likely harvest tonight.

13. yessir, you got your self a hermi.

14. I myself might be having a hermaphrodite problem!!!
    and ive read recently others are too
    I don't think it is a coincidence
    Maybe its the MOON:D

15. HARVEST YESTERDAY. Thats a hermie bro. Week 7 should be good enough, better than losing the whole thing anyways.

16. I harvested them they're okay I think.:hello: I'll get some pictures up a little later.

17. soooooooooo many noobs postin on here, im not arsed cos im only on my second grow and im pissed, but, get rid of those pollen sacs as best you can an look for the fuckers as thoroughly as possible. as long as you get rid of em you'll be aight, dont harvest early if your confident about gettin rid of them buggers otherwise, harvest in 3-4-5 days, before they mature and open, if theyre only small you should have quite a while, i kept a male just to gain experience in growing one an get seeds and it didnt take too long for it to release pollen so..

D.
    :smoke:

18. Its been harvested! Alcohol the route of all evil!

19. #19 Let-it-grow, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    unless you've seen hermie flowers on the plant its whole flowering cycle, its not a hermie. male pollen "bananas" form on the buds sometimes when the plant is coming very close to the end of its life and since it hasn't been pollenated the plant stresses itself to grow male flowers so it can further its species. its happened to many of my past plants, and the seeds produced are highly likely to be female. . im saying this through personal experience

20. unless you've seen hermie flowers on the plant its whole flowering cycle, its not a hermie. male pollen "bananas" form on the buds sometimes when the plant is coming very close to the end of its life and since it hasn't been pollenated the plant stresses itself to grow male flowers so it can further its species. its happened to many of my past plants, and the seeds produced are highly likely to be female. . im saying this through personal experience