Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird smelling bud...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DownSouthBalla5, Jan 18, 2009.

1. A friend of mine gets his bud from a different connect than me, and for some reason I suspect all the bud this guy sells is sprayed. He used to always have this bud that weighed way too much (2 grams would look like a gram) they were solid nugs, with a lot of crystals, but when you burn the bud it sparks like a sparkler. To me that means its sprayed. And last night, he picked up an O of some actually decent looking, not weighed down stuff, but it smells weird, exactly like the inside of a Jamaican household. I have a lot of Jamaican friends and I swear to you this weed reminds me exactly of all of their houses with the Jamaican foods they cook and all... Haha, so if anyone knows this smell I'm talking about, you know what I mean. So what do you guys think, sprayed or not?

2. Well... i can tell you countless incidences when that kind of shit has happened... but I can also tell you countless incidences when I was just paranoid. I can't tell you, but if you look @ it, it looks, feels, smells, AND tastes weird... then you have something to worry about. Also Question B) Does all of this guy's different strains smell the same?

3. No, they dont. The bud that sparkled like a sparkler was definately sprayed IMO because I saw another post on here about that and it made perfect sense. But this new bud just shouldn't smell like that. To me, it smells like chemicals that just happen to smell like Jamaican peoples house who I know. It was just the easiest way to describe the smell honestly, haha. But I don't think weed smells like that without being sprayed first.

4. That has to be the dumbest shit i have heard in a while, do you really believe that?

You don't think that it might have to do with where the weed was dried and cured, it's entirely possible that wherever that bud was dried smelt like your Jamaican friends houses, even though I find that a little bit racist for you to say.

5. I've had a few weird smelling suspicious buds
    like a pine-sol type scent- it wasnt too bad though.

Ive also had some weed that smelt like straight up SHIT.
    not like schwag, like shit.
    Some extremely dank bud though, if you could get past the shit smell you could sense the dank.

6. I once had some weird bud that smelled like bleach, it got me extremely high but after the one sesh i was sick of it and sold the rest to a friend :smoke:

7. lol where u think that was? think about it... maybe ur dude got pulled over or sumthin before he sold ya it an got paranoid...
    hhahaha srry anyone following my train of thought?

8. WTF
    dude just smoke it
    weed has many smells

9. listen to me when pot is sprayed with chemicals youll know...sparks dont mean shit....wood sparks sometimes when its burning...its on fire that wut happens.as fopr thsi pot that smells like jamican peopel or wutever.....all pot smells/taste/looks diff.im sure its fine...smoek it.

10. hi guys/gals
    just been reading this thread and i would like to say that iv just harvested my 3 big plants and pulled 24 ounces wet weed iv been leaving it to dry but i didnt do the hanging thing i just chopped it all down gave it a trim and put it in my dark grow tent and left a fan on to help it dry.. the thing is it smells really strnage to me not like weed but a wet grass..... do people think thats its going wrong or should it smell like this????

p.s heres a pic of the harvest..

11. There is nothing racist about it. People who cook certain foods leave certain smells in their house. I'd expect to smell a lot of allspice, for example, in a Jamaican home, garlic in an Italian home, etc. It's got nothing to do with racism and everything to do with the reflection of ethnic culture. So chill out.

12. QFT - Jamaicans like allspice? I put allspice on lots of stuff! Try it on your burgers!

13. Allspice is a major component to jerk seasoning.