Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Highest CBD content for epilepsy

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by colorado, Jan 16, 2009.

1. i suffer from ibs and i tried cannatonic from a local dispensary. i had very little pain or cramps and solid stool. It completely stopped my condition it seemed. I also had some dank 13 (sativa dom.) and this would actually aggravate it (however pain relief from a good sativa is hard to argue with.:smoke:) I highly recommend cannatonic. Very good indica that doesn't give too bad of couch lock laziness feeling. i was still able to go through out my day seemingly normal to the rest of the world.:cool:

2. response to <span>gorgeousma</span>

My 12 year old grandson has/had absence seizures and Aspherger's. After starting him on raw cannabis juice 2 oz morning and night he is no longer having seizures. Had 24 hour EEG and it showed no seizure activity. He was having several per day and it was effecting his behavior and his school work. He has been using it for two years now. We have gone from constant behavior/social issues at school to maybe 3 or 4 problems last year and now in middle school he has friends, is playing tackle football and is getting straight A's so far this year. He still has anxiety (still working on that one) which is a symptom of the Aspherger's.

Raw cannabis juice has no psychoactive effect no matter what strain you use. Cannabis does not get you high unless it is heated. In the raw state you are getting all of the nutritional benefits of the cannabis plant.

I use a 1500 watt ninja to juice the cannabis then strain it. Can also keep what is left in the strainer and dry it and put it in gel caps. We also purchase it from a dispensary that tests for quality. Need to use buds and leaves and a little bit of liquid to juice the cannabis. You really want to pulverize it to make it more easy to digest. Some people put the leaves in their salad. The leaves have a mild taste.

You as a parent may want to use the dryed cannabis for your PTSD. This is common in parents of kids with Autism. Many of the parents are getting their Medical Marijuana cards for this purpose.

It worked

3. Are you fucking kidding me???  Having a child with autism doesn't lead to high rates of PTSD in the parents!  Why would you say that?  You know what's common in parents of kids with autism?  Acceptance of a lifestyle that includes two months of Frozen sing-a-longs that last 14 hours.  An intense love/hate relationship with Minecraft.  Funny kids.  It's common to have some anxiety, because the neurotypical world is (decreasingly, thankfully) not yet designed with our kids in mind.  But it's not an extreme emotional trauma that involved the threat of injury or death, for fuck's sake.

Is swearing really necessary and what does your post have to do with Epilepsy???? GROW UP!!! Apparenty this idiot has done no research, has no manners, nor has he ever been to an Autism support group. Event Autistic kids know they drive their parents crazy sometimes and sometimes it's on purpose. Some are highly intelligent and manipulative.

Maybe I should have thrown in parents doing everything in their power to make sure their child will have the most normal life possible not just accepting Austism as it sounds like you have. These parents are stressed to the max with discipline problems at school, fighting schools for the help their child should be getting but is not and is also dependent on how severe the autism is. The divorce rate among Autistic parent's is 80% (no stress huh) High divorce rate leads to high rate of single parents raising the Austic child which leads to PTSD like symptoms.  50% of the Autistic also have seizures.

I was giving reputable advise to parent's of kids with seizures The seizures were a much bigger problem than the Autism and were actually the reason for the Aspherger's diagnosis.

Cannabis Juice works for seizures. Healing Without the HIGH. The tests prove it. Cannabis only makes you high it is heated. Raw cannabis does not get you high. 12 year old autistic child went from having constant discipliine problems to having very few problems in school and is getting straight A's. He has been seizure free for 2 years. He could not take anti seizure medication. It made him psychotic, mean and he had nightmares.

If you have an autistic child make sure you have them tested for seizures. If they have seizures make sure you look into Cannabis Juice as a treatment.

5. No, you weren't giving reputable advice.  You were giving advice based on outdated and incorrect information, and also based on your view of neurodiversity as a bad thing.  Autism isn't a disease.  Autism isn't a tragedy.  Blaming disabled kids for their parents' problems, however, is a tragedy.  That's why you see, when a parent murders their neurodiverse disabled kid, a whole lot of discussion of how "parents just need more support."

The divorce rate is NOT 80% among parents of Autistic kids.  It actually appears to be around the same as for neurotypical kids. http://aut.sagepub.com/content/17/6/643.full

While many autistic kids and adults are highly intelligent, being manipulative is NOT a characteristic associated with autism.  It's a characteristic associated with being human, though.  And by saying so, you're again painting autistic kids as at fault for their parents' problems.  And that's bullshit.  (this is the internet.  Some people swear, especially when you say shitty things about their kids.  Time to find your big girl panties.)

I have two disabled kids.  I have PTSD.  But my PTSD is from the first few months with my not-disabled kid, who had a major birth defect and not expected to even make it to birth alive.  THAT was an extreme emotional trauma that involved the threat of injury or death.

And while gorgeousma's child has seizures, it is not as prevalent as you say.  It's at most 12.5%. http://sfari.org/news-and-opinion/news/2013/risk-of-epilepsy-in-autism-tied-to-age-intelligence

Sounds like his primary problem was seizures, not autism.  I'm not saying he didn't/doesn't have autism, but it sounds like those discipline problems were related to the seizures.

7. Get the charlotte's web strain, and watch her documentary on youtube!
    She went from having 300 seizures every day, to only 3 every  week!  

I reckon i has about 20%CBD,and only 1 %THC. 

8. My
    Son has severe intractable epilepsy. He has been in a non stop seizure state 3 times. The only thing that works for him is cannabis...for two years he was on two strains that together worked for him one high CBD and one high thc. Unfortunately I cannot get those strains for the past year because the medical company stopped having them. So I'm looking for strains that would work for him. He has Everytime of seizures every day...

9. We have been using Cannabis to treat my fathers Parkinson's for about a year now. Clones are readily available for $15-20ea in the Pacific Northwest.

Some we have tried are Harlequin 4..... something like 15%cbd 5%thc
    Wonder Dawg 5%cbd 15%thc
    Cannatonic 12% CBD and THC
    Pennywise about 12% CBD THC
    Frank's Gift 20%CBD 5%THC.... there are other cuts available with other ratio's using the same name. The more you actually look into breeding, and names the more confusing it really gets.

So all these varieties have helped, so don't get hung up on you need to try only CBD or a Sativa and that THC won't help. I would also reccomend edibles as some will last 18 hours in your system. I think because CBD has been labeled as non-psychoactive everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. THC has very useful medical properties. Especially when mixed with other cannabinoids.

Effects in your system will change as time goes by. For example 4 hours after eating you may feel no body pain, 12 hours later your mind seems very focused. I would presume the effects for seizures would be the same, so trying new strains and not giving up too soon should be on your radar.

Hope it works out for you.

10. Charoletes Web, ACDC, Harlequin, Cannatonic, those are CBD. If you want to do non CBD I'd go indica. I really don't advise sativa. The neuro-stimulating effects along with the mild visualizations sativa causes can actually make your condition worse and promote seizures. Go CBD. If you can't find that try as close to 100% Indica as possible. I know this because my wife has seizures. Or had.... Not anymore :)