Sleep deprivation - holy shit

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by falcon10911, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Yea im just doing this for shits and giggles i guess

2. Still awake. I'm getting some fucked up eye trickery, like if I stare at the floor of my bathroom from about 4 tiles away, and move side to side it looks like the bottom of the door is flapping.

And if I stare at the wall I get that light dim/brightness comes back faster than ever.
    But seriously im going to sleep in about 5 minutes. I'll have a damn good sleep, hopefully don't go into a coma or something (Can that happen?). But I found I enjoyed cigarettes alot more while overtired, almost like a rush of shivers and a warm feeling.

I don't know what to say honestly except;
    Goodnight.

3. no it probably cannot happen, but family might think you're in one :p if you end up sleeping a long time

4. the most i've done is 76 hours.
    without drugs.
    and then i crashed like a motherfucker xP
    but i went for eleven years of sleeping an hour or two at most a night
    if i slept at all
    and i was fine.
    this is the first year in eleven years that i can sleep
    and now i can't wake up.
    i fucking hate it.

5. Ive done that a couple times when I was younger. My friend has minor insomnia and gets this shit quite often, pretty crazy.

6. Just woke up after sleeping 17 hours.

And rather than feeling better, I feel kind of shitty.. When I woke up my eyes were dry as hell, thirsty as fuck, and I couldn't get comfortable while sleeping..

Which is the exact opposite of what I expected (except the thirst of course).
    But I mean wow, it felt weird to open my eyes.

7. sleep deprivation can have some serious effects on you when its gone on for more than 48-72 hours without the support of caffeine or coke or other drugs. its the most natural way to trip, actually. my brother stayed up for four days straight and he went out in public and for a while he said he forgot what he was doing, where he was or even who he was. it took him a while after wandering around blindy to come-to and realize why he was out etc. ive actually talked to some friends about trying to stay up for five days and seeing how fucked up we'd be. i dont know if i could do it though, i love sleeping.

8. 52 hours?

Pftt, try being up for 2 weeks just being spun out.
    I had insomnia, and ive been up for days without drugs or sleep.
    52 hours is nothing.

9. #29 falcon10911, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    Serious effects WITHOUT cocaine or caffeine? I just don't get that man.. My body was feeling weak from just not sleeping, let alone using drugs that would give my heart a boost to the med triple digits.

I would think the comedown would feel like dying.

Disregard that haha.
    EDIT: Instead of deleting it just thought I'd point out how easily confused I am when I just woke up..

But yeah I'd have moments where I'd be sitting and totally engrossed in a thought, zoning out, then my vision would cloud and I'd wonder where the hell I was and why wasn't I doing normal things.

And also I had a really fucked dream where I was in 5th grade and brought my current cat to school, and the teacher was an asshole so he ran away and I couldn't find him.

10. Sleep Deprivation is no joke.

went from monday 10am to about 12am thursday, ~62 hours with only about ~3 hours sleep because I was extremely sick, and at about 10pm wednesday night had an episode where I started going completely insane luckily my roommate was able to calm me down before anything serious happens.

11. you can die from sleep depravation like you can die from holding your breath

12. ive stayed up for 48 hours at the most without drugs. When i was doing speed alot, i think the longest was like 4.5 - 5 days. when i hit the day three mark i started trippin bad, but for some reason(prolly the speed) i thought if i went to sleep id die, sorda like nightmare on elm street.

13. exactly.. at some point your brain is gonna tell you to fuck off and just shut you down regardless of what your doing. there was this guy who was in a hot air balloon, i dunno if he was tryin to set a record or what, but he decided not to sleep, he went so long and eventually his brain just shut him down. he had an alarm rigged up for if the balloon went below a certain altitude, and when it went off it woke him up and scared him and he went to run from it and started climbing out of the hot air baloon at about 500 feet and after 1 leg was over the edge he kinda came to and realized what was going on, dude almost fell 500 feet to his death cuz he didn't sleep in little intervals as planned.

sleep is good.

14. you do realize this is what meth tweakers do

they stay up for like days or even weeks and then they will start to hallucinate just from sleep deprivation

your body has to have a shutdown time or you go fucking insane

and to the post above i saw that shit too... he was trying to cross the north pole i think straight without any sleep or anything....im pretty sure it was like a human body show on discovery or natgeo

i dont see a point in staying up for days for no reason besides speed or some sort of stimulant

you all should just go to sleep
    easy enough

15. I'm running on 7 hours of sleep for the past two days. I feel pretty deprived. Coke and amps will do that.

16. magichat, just had to comment on your avitar & username. mh is my favorite brewer. the heart of darkness is their best brew. kickass.

17. BUMP.

I am contemplating some voluntary sleep deprivation over this spring break. At most, I would guess I might go 3 days. If I am doing it only for the experience, and not from insomnia, will it be bad? And, is it actually dangerous?

18. sleep deprivation is no joke. i can tell you from experience when its combined before and after dosing acid, haha. ik my brother in college would spend days on end without sleep and one time completely forgot what he was doing, where or even who he was, but after a while he got himself together and realized not sleeping was fucking with him and finally went to bed, like a day later hahaa.

19. #39 MarijuanaBudha, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    I did that once I kept seeing shit out of the corner of my eye that wasn't there(I hate that) and got so paranoid I locked myself in the bathroom to get away from the dogs.....lol :smoking:
    But I did it to experience the rebound REM sleep that is said to occur in order to have intense dreams and whatnot, not very effective.

Morale of the story: Sleep deprivation is as worthless as Dramamine and both will make you completely insane

20. Apparently I like sleeping. I made it 1 day....