Sleep deprivation - holy shit

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by falcon10911, Jan 14, 2009.

1. #1 falcon10911, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    I didn't believe sleep deprivation would have this kind of effect. I've been up for about 52 hours, by natural means, and I just smoked a few bowls.

Now when I look at my wall without blinking i see horizontal lines on my vision, where my desk overlaps with the carpet. And it looks like my ceiling light gets brighter and leaves spots on my vision if I stare at a flat part of my wall (its vertical lines every 6 inches or so).

Its just mild eye trickery but still pretty cool. Not really worth it considering how shitty I feel.

Anyone else tried sleep deprivation with any other drugs? This is my first time trying sleep deprivation for more than 25 hours combined with weed.

2. Sleep deprivation is not something to be messed with. When going without sleep, for even three days, it can make the most sane person go insane. Literally.

I have severe insomnia and sleep deprivation is pretty much my life, but not something I experience (with or without other drugs) by choice.

Go to sleep.

3. Yeah I wasn't planning on staying up much longer, Its just my days have turned to nights, so I sleep all day and stay up all night. And I wanted to get that straight, but I had commitments so I didn't get a chance to go to sleep at the 40 hour mark. I was planning on taking a few benadryl and sleeping until the next morning, but I didn't get chance to pick some up, so I decided to get sleepy by staying up.

I feel like complete shit though..

4. i did a project for a psychology class on sleep deprivation, and i stayed up for almost 80 hours but i used speed. i couldn't drive, i couldn't do most simple math, and the last few hours scared the shit out of me. my house is a timber-frame, i'm not sure if you know what that is but its almost like a log cabin in the fact that the wood that is used is stained so you see the grain of the wood, and the knots where branches were. i couldn't take my eyes off the ceiling because i thought they were eyes/things hanging on the ceiling trying to get me.

5. I've got chronic insomnia and at its worst, my freshman year of college, I was hospitalized after being up for 8 days straight. I could not fall asleep to save my life. OTC sleep aides didn't work, and at that time I was prescribed trazodone for sleep, and it had just stopped working.

Anyway, after about 4 days of being awake intense paranoia set in, I was seeing shit like severed heads in my closet where my rugby ball was, I was depressed like no other, couldn't eat, walk, or even sit up without feeling like utter shit. After 7 days it got so painful and intense that all I could do was cry. That shit wasn't fun.

Get to sleep man. You'll be happy you did.

6. #6 falcon10911, Jan 14, 2009
    Yeah 5 or 6 more hours and I'll probably wake up around 2 and ease back into staying up later and later. I just never took sleep deprivation seriously, I have alot more respect for those with actual insomnia now, let me tell you.

And DAMN 8 YEARS?!

EDIT: Just finished smoking a cig and it felt...almost euphoric..

7. cant you die from sleep deprivation? most i stayed up was 48 hours. while i didnt go crazy but its almost like your high on something after that long.

8. #8 Jankydank, Jan 14, 2009
    I just crashed after a 41+ hour stint of no sleep. The last 8 hours of it was doing manual labor. I felt like I was going to die, no joke. Smoked a cig right after work and felt caked and I could barely keep my eyes open on the way home. Sleep deprivation is nothing to fuck around with. That's what happens when you are dry and have come to rely on bud to help you get to sleep. Throw a mild case of insomnia into the mix and you've got a recipe for disaster. 12 hours of sleep and when I woke up I felt like I could sleep for another 8, which I might just do.

I was already starting to see shit that made me do a double take (mind tricks, nothing extreme like seeing severed heads and shit though), my basic listening skills were pretty non existent, I'd look someone right in the eyes when they were talking to me and listen but as soon as they stopped talking I had no idea what they just said. I kept forgetting things I had to do as well.

9. sounds pretty cool but at the same time not worth the trouble of staying up

10. #10 falcon10911, Jan 14, 2009
    Yeah right about now I can be watching a video on youtube or something and completely become engrossed in a memory im replaying. And that light thing is still happening.

And I have some pretty bad nausea..

11. you can die from sleep deprivation, i think the longest anyones stayed awake for is like 10 days.

12. #12 docleary, Jan 14, 2009
    no, before the guiness world record people decided it was unheathy to have a record, the record holder didn't sleep for like ten years or something.

edit. i was wrong, the record holder didn't sleep for 11 days. i was reading the article a while ago and it mentioned a guy who claimed to have not slept for 20 years, but upon being studied in a sleep laboratory it was found he was experiencing microsleep.

13. Purposefully depriving yourself of sleep is a dangerous and irresponsible thing to do.

There's a reason we're supposed to do it 8-10 hours every day...

14. Thats pretty dangerous man.

Its really not good for you to be up that long.

Get some shut eye.

15. Ive done it a couple times after staying up late enough to see the sun rise, then just saying 'FUCK IT, time to start the day.'

I was sober as a bird and I was seeing shit. I hate it. I love sleep too much for that mess.

16. Jesus Christ 48 hours! Staying up for more than 18 pisses me off.

17. Last month i stayed up naturally for 63 hours, and it was some weird shit. During it i had to walk a friend's dog. Since it was night all the street lights were on but the normal shimmer around them started changing size and turned into a rainbow halo. At one point i looked at a house with columns on the outside the columns turned into aliens and started to move a little. At that point i was like fuck this and turned around to walk back. when i got to the house i looked up at a lamp in the window and the lamp shade in it, normally white turned deep green then back to white and then green again, but the part the freaked me out was that the color was moving like waves up and down and then the light started to move up and down. :confused:
    my advice is dont go walk a dog, get off your computer and go to bed.

18. I don't know about you guys but I actually look forward to sleeping a lot of the time. But the most I've ever done is like 36 hours? Even that was terrible.

19. This is a perect thread!! I've currently been awake for only 12 hours:( but the plan for tonight is to get a half eigth and play xbox 360 and puff until I have to do my regular shit tomorrow. I'm going for 48-72 hours with no sleep *hopefully* I will let you guys know how it turns out for me and if i can even make it.

20. are you doing this on purpose? why are you doin this to yourself? are you sure you're not spun?:p:devious: