A Guide to Meditation

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Androgenicx, Jan 10, 2009.

1. I advise to whoever reading this right now not to meditate. If you believe in God then you have to understand we are not to meditate but we are supposed to seek God by reading His Word (the Bible) and making a good habit of praying daily to Jesus.

2. oh ye of little faith in the Master...John 10:34 for example when Christ Jesus Himself said that the reason He could say He was God or the Son of God was that... he didn't come to "lord it over us" but to Show Us we Too can meditate and Realize we are AtOneWth God it's called "atonement" or AtOneMent from mistaken ego small me thinking...

blind faith on the "word" is one thing and a baby step in God Realization... problem with so many fundamentalists is they do all this preaching about the word and God yet they have no clue as to Who they speak of is... Meditation will introduce you to the God that dwells within You....

33The
    Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for
    blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." 34Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS '? 35"If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),…

Peace

3. I don't believe you mentioned Mindfulness Meditation. I could never empty my mind when I tried other forms of meditation. Mindfulness understand that and are very forgiving. I'm come a long way in two years!

4. Nice thread. I like meditation.

5. I find the art of "Poi" an effective means to bring about my own state of 'meditation' or 'centeredness'