Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating Raw Bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Reaction, Dec 29, 2008.

1. If you were to eat about 2 grams of nice bud (shake) raw would it fuck you up?

If you put that 2 grams in brownies i know id get fucked. But raw, im thinking the cannabanoids that are absorbed when it is digested are still in the herb... It doesn't need to be "heat activated" does it?
    This is hypothetical because a few of my non smoking friends asked me and I had no clue... Because frankly I enjoy smoking too much to try it :smoke:

2. It is incredibly inefficient to eat uncooked cannabis. It would be a waste.

3. Not to be an ass, but think man. A lot of questions can be answered by yourself if you use common sense. If you could get high from eating weed raw, you would hear of people doing it a lot.

4. you'd be sober..if you wanna eat weed do brownies or something.

5. THC is not water soluble, it has to be absorbed in some sort of fat in order for it to convert from THC-9 to THC-11. It is a stronger form of the compound. Without the THC being properly extracted through fat, your stomach will not be able to absorb the chemical.

6. No, the fat is just a good transmission medium. The problem is without heating the THC doesn't decarboxylate and isn't nearly as psychoactive. Fat has nothing to do with the conversion; heat does.

7. Fat has a lot to do with it, it's the same reason you can't make weed tea from just water, it's fucking hot, but the THC doesn't break down in a way to produce any effects.

8. No, that just means that the THC doesn't extract in water. Fat has nothing...to...do...with...conversion. Period.

THC is soluble in fat and alcohol as well as certain other polar molecules.

Fat has ZERO to do with converting THC to useable form. It just carries it well, as does alcohol.

I suggest you pay better attention in Chemistry class ;) And please, stop spreading misinformation!

9. I would just make it into firecrackers or something, it's too easy to make stuff out of cannabis to eat it raw in my opinion.

10. ^^i second falcon. make firecrackers, eating it raw wont do shit

11. I had a friend who ate a 2 gram joint to avoid being arrested. He swears he was blaaaazed after. I get the feeling that he had a buzz, and exxagerated.

I personally think that eating srtait weed will get you high if you eat enough, but it would be rather inefficient.

12. I love firecrackers, so easy to make.

I'm making brownies later this week, should be a good day.

13. so when you dont cook marijuana and then eat....what...the fuckin thc dissapears.....or wont absorb into your body......wrong.......i had to eat about 9 grams one time......uncooked...and yes i was fucked up about 30 mins later.....so yea you can get high if you eat weed uncooked and i dont want anyone to tell me any different about it....cause ive done it...and there is no use arguing with me:D

14. I don't think anyone said you couldn't, they just said it's a waste. You proved everyone's point even more by saying you had to eat 9 grams, which is frankly quite a lot.
    If you want weed edibles that will mess you up efficiently, just go with brownies or firecrackers.

15. lol yea......i was gone....but im sure you could catch a buzz if you ate two grams of dank or somethin......sorry for bein pissy though...i just got home from a rough day at work..:smoke:my bad

16. I can see none of you have ever tried this have you ?
    I have used raw weed to make all kinds of stuff even a great salad and I can tell you it does get you high ---- ever heard of maranol it is pure thc that is in a capsule not as good they say as smoking it but then it probably isnt as much as you get in a joint.
    eating it gets you high just much slower than smoking it so you dont notice a fast -- oh wow Im stoned its slower and more mellow but its in there and it does the job