pyrethrum bomb in small room?????????????????

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ganjaganja, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ROOM: 6 ft tall, 4 ft wide, 6 ft long

8 plants, 4 days into flower

I have spider mites

I bought a small Pyrethrum TR bomb that treats up to 3,000 sq. ft.

How long should I leave the lights off after I set the bomb off. It says 12 hours, but is that too much for my small room?

2. bump...

I set off the bomb, about thirty min ago.

anyone with sum advice?

3. bump........anyone

4. You already set it off, what do you want us to day?
    Wear a mask!

5. i was wondering since it was a smaller room, should I do less amount of dark time? or leave it for the full 12 hours.

6. Sounds to me like you need to post in a pest control forum, not GC.

7. ummmm maybe, but i think that questions pertaining to sick plants and pests belong in this section

sooooo anyone that wants to ANSWER my question with experience know?

8. Yes you should wait the recommended amount of time. That stuff is very dangerous to humans respiratory systems. Wait a full 12 hours before going back in your room. - if you have any vents in that area sill them of completely with duct tape. if it leaks in your house, it can very badly hurt any pets or children in the home. Good luck!

9. Sure hope everything turned out ok.

10. bomb the room 1 time a week for 3 weeks. try to put the bomb in the corner and leave the door open. Turn off fans. My plants showed no stress. Paid 8.00 at home depot for raid bombs. mites are gone.

11. I would just order some preditor mites before i went and bombing my girls with raid bombs, thats just me though, something about smoking a plant that was locked in a room filled with chemicals that killed off a bunch of bugs..

Probably fine, just something to think about, you can order preditor mites online and have then in a day, seems like a better "green" option to me:smoke:

12. the label will say its probably for 3000 square ft but youll be all good. i usually use at least twice teh sq ft than the labels say.

13. #13 T51K, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2010

I wonder if the farmers that sell the grocery store vegetables, use predator mites....

once I harvest and have to just tend to mothers, Im gonna make a thread where I bomb the room with raid or whatever and show the plants are fine. Bombs are cheap, grow shops make no money.

14. you dont smoke vegetables lol

Im sure its fine, but im just saying if there is another option where your not locking your plants that you intend to smoke in a room filled with with chemicals that kill bugs... Just saying personally i would rather go that route.