Can you grow weed outdoors in the northwest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tohigh, Nov 16, 2003.

1. I'm wondering if you can grow weed outdoors in the northwest and what strains would work best.

2. you can grow anywhere. just not right now, its too cold and there is not enough light. but, you can start growing your plants from seed now, and have pretty decent size plants for the spring thaw. i think most of us on here who are going to take it outdoor in 04 will start growing from seed in jan. strain is up to you, bagseed will work too.

3. Without telling everyone your address, define the Northwest. Yukon, Alaska, BC, Alberta, Washington, Idaho?

4. I'm in western washington and any experience in the area would be appreciated

5. Hey dude im from bremerton. Where u at?

6. I'm on Mercer Island

7. What time of year should i plant some sources say summer solstice is that right?

8. Say uh, Man...Unless you have already decided on a permanent spot for your outdoor grow I would recommend doing that before you worry about when to plant. I would visit 3 or 4 possible sites only once each and keep a mental picture of the best one. I think that should be your #1 concern when planning an outdoor grow. Unless it happens to be your own property. Even then, I would be stealthy as possible. Hopefully, you won't have to revisit the spot for any reason other than to harvest.

9. summer solstice is the first day of a longer period of sunlight? right?..
    how cold are your evenings round that time?

it would work for my climate im waaaaay south of you and youd have better luck if you could get a nice start indoors

10. Growing in the northwest kicks butt, the thing you have to watch the most is that you plant after the last frost.start your plants indoors in late jan or early Feb you can put them under lights,flos are all right.if not keep them next to a window on the south side of the house.with any luck you should be able to put them outdoors about the middle of May to early June.they should be done about hunting season. hope you have great sucess. ps I've found that if you use the same soil where you plan to grow to start your plants,they don't have to adapt to something new when you transplant ,so shock isn't such a problem.

11. thanks for all the advice everything will be taken note of

12. #13 aclone, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
    Damn you guys across the water! So many great places to grow.

Anyone have any advice for growing in Seattle city limits? I've got a couple spots, I'm just wanting to be as close to home, otherwise I know of a ton of places 20 minutes drive away, but I keep thinking of driving across 520 with a car full of herbs......all I need is for some idiot to crash into me.

One thing I realized when I lived on the east coast was that industrial/business parks were excellent places to grow. People came in the morning and left when they could and didn't really explore around the drainage ponds/creeks and unattended areas. The people who mow usually just ride around on their mowers and don't pay attention to what's going on outside plain site.

Also, if I were to grow tons of plants far away from home in places where I hike, would I be able to setup a tent to dry the stuff in the forest? Would you be able to smell it from a mile away?

How do you dry it away from home?

Also I was thinking of planting some in pots and hanging them over a cliff area I know of, then I can just pull them up to water.