Flexeril questions!

Discussion in 'General' started by UglyInfidel, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Alright, well i got these pills called flexeril. I got some wrong information about them and i thought that they were close to valium. But i found at that they are a muscle relaxer. So, if anyone knows anything about flexeril, then maybe you could answer this question for me. How many pills do i need to take? I have about 20 10mg flexerils. I don't want to take too many and like overdose or anything. Also, what does it do to you? like what are the effects? like is hallucinating possible? I just want to know waht kind of effects i'm going to be feeling while i'm on it... alright well if anyone can answer this, please do. thanks

2. you might want to try www.erowid.org

flexeril is a very, mild muscle relxer at that dose.....i think

3. http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/content/drugs/4/4046_1621?bn=Cyclobenzaprine

This is the info that the pharmacist gives out with prescriptions. The reason some think that it is similar to Valium is because doctors prescribe Valium for muscle spasms, too...at times instead of this.

*edit* You can read this or skip to my next post. That would be easier.

Cyclobenzaprine Pronunciation: sye kloe BEN za preen

Brand Name: Flexeril

What is the most important information I should know about cyclobenzaprine?
    • Do not stop taking cyclobenzaprine suddenly if you have been taking it regularly for more than 1 week. This may cause nausea, headache and general discomfort.
    • Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking cyclobenzaprine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What is cyclobenzaprine?
    • Cyclobenzaprine is a muscle relaxant. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to your brain.
    • Cyclobenzaprine is used to relieve pain, tenderness, and limitation of motion caused by muscle spasms. It is used, along with rest and physical therapy, for short-term treatment (i.e., 2 to 3 weeks).
    • Cyclobenzaprine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Who should not take cyclobenzaprine?
    • Do not take cyclobenzaprine if you
    · have recently (within the last 6 weeks) had a heart attack,
    · have irregular heartbeats,
    · have a heart block,
    · have heart conduction disturbance,
    · have congestive heart failure, or
    · have hyperthyroidism that is not under control.
    • Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have
    · urinary retention or
    · narrow-angle glaucoma or increased intraocular pressure (pressure inside the eye).
    • You may need a lower dose or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
    • Cyclobenzaprine is in the FDA pregnancy B. This means that it is unlikely to harm an unborn baby. Do not take cyclobenzaprine without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant.
    • It is not known whether cyclobenzaprine passes into breast milk. Do not take cyclobenzaprine without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.

How should I take cyclobenzaprine?
    • Take cyclobenzaprine exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these instructions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
    • Take each dose with a full glass of water.
    • Cyclobenzaprine is usually taken several times a day. Follow your doctor's instructions.
    • You should begin to notice relief from your symptoms after 1 to 2 days of treatment.
    • Do not stop taking cyclobenzaprine suddenly if you have been taking it regularly for more than 1 week. Stopping suddenly may cause nausea, headache, and general discomfort.
    • Store cyclobenzaprine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.

What happens if I miss a dose?
    • Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication.

What happens if I overdose?
    • Seek emergency medical attention.
    • Symptoms of a cyclobenzaprine overdose include drowsiness, seizures, irregular heartbeats, hallucinations, and difficulty breathing.

What should I avoid while taking cyclobenzaprine?
    • Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Cyclobenzaprine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities.
    • Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking cyclobenzaprine.

What are the possible side effects of cyclobenzaprine?
    • If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking cyclobenzaprine and seek emergency medical attention:
    · an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
    · seizures, hallucinations, or confusion;
    · blurred vision;
    · increased heart rate; or
    · depression.
    • Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take cyclobenzaprine and talk to your doctor if you experience
    · drowsiness or dizziness;
    · dry mouth or a bad taste in your mouth;
    · insomnia;
    · difficulty urinating; or
    · sweating.
    • If you stop taking this medication suddenly, you may experience some withdrawal effects.
    • Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.

What other drugs will affect cyclobenzaprine?
    • Do not take cyclobenzaprine if you have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) in the last 14 days. Dangerous side effects could result.
    • Many drugs can increase drowsiness associated with cyclobenzaprine:
    · antihistamines such as brompheniramine (Dimetane, Bromfed, others), chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton, Teldrin, others), azatadine (Optimine), clemastine (Tavist), and many others;
    · narcotics (pain killers) such as meperidine (Demerol), morphine (MS Contin, MSIR, others), propoxyphene (Darvon, Darvocet), hydrocodone (Lorcet, Vicodin), oxycodone (Percocet, Percodan), fentanyl (Duragesic), and codeine (Fiorinal, Fioricet, Tylenol #3, others);
    · sedatives such as phenobarbital (Solfoton, Luminal), amobarbital (Amytal), and secobarbital (Seconal);
    · phenothiazines such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), fluphenazine (Prolixin), mesoridazine (Serentil), perphenazine (Trilafon), prochlorperazine (Compazine), thioridazine (Mellaril), and trifluoperazine (Stelazine); or
    · antidepressants such as doxepin (Sinequan), imipramine (Tofranil), nortriptyline (Pamelor), fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), phenelzine (Nardil), and tranylcypromine (Parnate).
    • Do not take any of the drugs listed above without the approval of your doctor.
    • The stomach medicine cimetidine (Tagamet, Tagamet HB) and pain relievers such as aspirin, ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), indomethacin (Indocin), ketoprofen (Orudis, Orudis KT, Oruvail), fenoprofen (Nalfon), flurbiprofen (Ansaid), naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprosyn), and nabumetone (Relafen) may all increase the pain-relieving effects of cyclobenzaprine. Use these drugs under the supervision of your doctor.
    • Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with cyclobenzaprine. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines.

Where can I get more information?
    • Your pharmacist has additional information about cyclobenzaprine written for health professionals that you may read.

Brand Names:
    • Flexeril

4. As far a what it does to me when I take it...my muscles feel heavy, I'm really laid back and life is calm and nice. I sink into my surroundings...but that's just me. :)

5. haha, when u gave me them flexeril i just ended up fallin asleep for 3 hours. but at least i felt nice for a lil bit.

6. I just really need to know how many flexeril i need to take. They're 10mg each. So how many should i take? I don't want to take too many or anything. haha

7. Normal dosage is 10mg 3 times a day...no more than 60mg in one day. I can't believe all that info didn't contain that. I had to get that from my drug book.

You'd be cool doing 20mg, in my opinion. Since you don't know, I wouldn't really go over that. Someone else may jump in and tell you different.

I'm not encouraging you to take anything. I'm just trying to help you be safe, dude...while still feeling good.

8. I just got some of those on wednesday i took three of those and seven 5/500 vicodin it was pretty fun for like an hour but then i just fell asleep